Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Game Mechanics » Name Label in Galaxy Map » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Name Label in Galaxy Map
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
The Asgard Player-Rank: 2 The Asgard is a male
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

Registration Date: 27.08.2007

Name Label in Galaxy Map Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi Guys,

The name label in the galaxy map is assigned through some kind of criteria. I always thought this was the HQ or first planet.

Hint: It is NOT your first planet, but a planet that counts as your capital. This off course has to be, as the first system you meet a player is not always the home system.

So I was scouting systems and saw it change for a possible future enemy. As I did a planetary scan to compare to the previous head planet I saw some changes.
But the planet in fact is indeed more powerfull then the original home planet(if that was the original in the first place).

Preferably I would like to add the criteria colonized sinze turn: ... where this value always gets priority if it is turn 0. I now know information I should not already know Tongue .

I could post this under bugs, but I found this to harsh a word Roll Eyes

Best Regards

Ben

19.04.2020 11:40 The Asgard is offline Send an Email to The Asgard Search for Posts by The Asgard Add The Asgard to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for The Asgard
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

RE: Name Label in Galaxy Map Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think I understand what you are saying, but not a 100% sure.

On the galaxy map, as you scout systems and find other player the map will label a planet of the other player. This planet may or not be the Home Planet of the other player. Now I guess the question is, is this the strongest planet of the other player?

I'm still Confused....Remember Him
19.04.2020 17:32 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by The Asgard
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi Sygor,

I remember both of you, your profile picture is hard not to remember Tongue .

I will make an example.

Turn 150: I have scouted all systems and found initial planet(atleast I think because has most citizens and purpose build base outputs), attached to this planet is the label.

Turn 250: I'm rescouting all planets, I come across a system and the label changes to a planet in this system. Because I notice the change I do a planetary scan on this planet that has now the label. Indeed it is better(more farms/factory/defence...).

Now I know that if ever this happens in another galaxy I better not mess with this planet.

Also it is not the planet with the highest population count, it also takes in to account the number of planets owned in the system. I'm playing in the Elder's Galaxy and there the planet from player X jumped to a planet with a population of 45, he/she owns 3 planets in that system, while in another system where he/she owns only 2 there is one with population 57. So there is defenetly an algorithm going on here.

Best Regards

Ben

19.04.2020 18:00 The Asgard is offline Send an Email to The Asgard Search for Posts by The Asgard Add The Asgard to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for The Asgard

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is just a Theory.

I wonder if the label is based off the planets you know of with the highest commodities.

lets say you know of 3 planets in different systems, each planet has different commodities
Food/Production/Science and maybe even max population.

1.... 30,30,40

Planet 2 is the strongest so it is labeled.

A couple 0f turns later you find planet 4
4.....50/50/50

The label moves to planet 4, because it is stronger.

In most games, a players HQ is the strongest. So when your scout finds it, the label moves to it.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sygor: 19.04.2020 19:40.

19.04.2020 19:34 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

Yes correct,

But this is when first discovering planets and then I agree it should work this way.

It is when re-discovering planets that it moves and not quantity of citizens because on the 'old' planet he has 58, on the "new" he has 50 citizen. Also the new has a planetary space of 504, so is an @random created planet. (could be a doctrine, but what would CS show me, the real planet space or space because of the doctrine?).

19.04.2020 20:11 The Asgard is offline Send an Email to The Asgard Search for Posts by The Asgard Add The Asgard to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for The Asgard

I just looked at a Galaxy Replay and watched a players labeled planet change 3 times. No rhyme or reason I could see for the change.
19.04.2020 21:53 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by Sygor
I just looked at a Galaxy Replay and watched a players labeled planet change 3 times. No rhyme or reason I could see for the change.

I've watched replay of Elder's Galaxy, could it take planetary defence points into account? I guess only Erwin will know the real anwser Tongue . Maybe it's just a script changing it every x turns to make you confused Roll Eyes

09.05.2020 12:39 The Asgard is offline Send an Email to The Asgard Search for Posts by The Asgard Add The Asgard to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for The Asgard
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1332.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

best guess Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It seems as you discover a system of an undiscovered empire, the largest planet gets the label. Then with further scouting come across their HQ, the label changes to it.
09.05.2020 13:59 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Game Mechanics » Name Label in Galaxy Map

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH