Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Game Mechanics » selling metal » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page selling metal
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Trantor Player-Rank: 3
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

Registration Date: 16.08.2007

selling metal Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

any easy way to sell 1million metal?

in unit ways it takes long time to sell even 100K
16.04.2020 11:33 Trantor is offline Send an Email to Trantor Search for Posts by Trantor Add Trantor to your Buddy List
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-1332.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

RE: selling metal Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's because your huge galaxy is stretched way outside of normal parameters the game was designed for. Wink
16.04.2020 13:02 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by Trantor
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

galaxies are meant to be huge...
those 15 planet galaxies are the anomaly
17.04.2020 16:46 Trantor is offline Send an Email to Trantor Search for Posts by Trantor Add Trantor to your Buddy List

settings Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

When you create a galaxy, one of the settings gives you a recommend number of players. This number was set up by the people who wrote the code for this game. People a lot smarter then you or I. I use those recommended settings. The giant galaxies you like have settings that are overboard off the charts. Not even close to normal recommended settings. That's why it takes you so long to sell metal. Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 17.04.2020 17:09.

17.04.2020 17:08 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

RE: settings Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The setup screen has Approx Max Players...This is the Approximate number of players who can join before the galaxy closes to sign-up. From experience this number is usually on the low side (2-4 more players can usually join a game) .

This is no way a recommendation on how many players should join or what an ideal number of players is for a galaxy..

The player/system Density has 5 settings.
1:2.2
1:2.6
1:3

Also the above is for systems, not planets..The above settings would be 72 systems. The number of planets could be anywhere from 72 (1 planet per system) to 648 planets (9 planets per system)

Going to also say there are no right or wrong galaxies. Each type; small, large, war only, diplomatic, team, speed, batched, and others has a place.
17.04.2020 17:43 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

RE: settings Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hahaha LOL So your new galaxy post has 675 planets. I guess that's fine if you have good governors and 30 extra minutes to sell metal. Too bad they don't have auto-sell. Smile
17.04.2020 20:54 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

quote:
Originally posted by War_Cross
Hahaha LOL So your new galaxy post has 675 planets. I guess that's fine if you have good governors and 30 extra minutes to sell metal. Too bad they don't have auto-sell. Smile

I guess your talking about the Who's in Charge Team Galaxy, then yes it does have 675 planets. Is there a problem.

If you have 1 million metal or 10,000 one hundred unit bundles, then you may need to work on balancing your empires economy. Which a Governor can help do.
17.04.2020 23:16 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by Sygor
quote:
Originally posted by War_Cross

I guess your talking about the Who's in Charge Team Galaxy, then yes it does have 675 planets. Is there a problem.
If you have 1 million metal or 10,000 one hundred unit bundles, then you may need to work on balancing your empires economy. Which a Governor can help do.

Huh? I was talking about Trantor's complaint about taking too long to sell 1 million metal. Wink
18.04.2020 00:38 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by Trantor
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

good idea.... have a governor code to sell if empire treasury falls low

let me try that
18.04.2020 06:44 Trantor is offline Send an Email to Trantor Search for Posts by Trantor Add Trantor to your Buddy List
Bard of Prey Player-Rank: 2
Has Speed 5 Frigates

Registration Date: 02.11.2007

quote:
Originally posted by Trantor
good idea.... have a governor code to sell if empire treasury falls low

let me try that

No, I think the idea was to set your governors so that you don't have excessive surpluses like that in the first place.

There's no good reason to sell a million metal. If you wanted cash, most of those miners should have been bankers.
18.04.2020 07:22 Bard of Prey is offline Send an Email to Bard of Prey Search for Posts by Bard of Prey Add Bard of Prey to your Buddy List

selling resources Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree with the prey. But for people that don't use governors, and micro manage their planets, it's a pain to sell a lot of resources. It would be nice to have a times 10 button.
01.06.2020 16:27 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Game Mechanics » selling metal

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH