Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » The Game » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Should Erwin Shut the game down
Give it a chance 3 42.86%
No 2 28.57%
I want to know what happens to Sgt 2.5 Toe John "Hold my Beer, Watch This" Rambo 1 14.29%
Yes 1 14.29%
Total: 7 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page The Game
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

The Game Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just seeing if anyone is still around
10.01.2021 23:27 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
ekolis Player-Rank: 1 ekolis is a male
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

images/avatars/avatar-1335.gif

Registration Date: 06.02.2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Does he actually want to shut it down or are player numbers just dwindling? Maybe we need to make the game more well known. Or I wonder if he'd be interested in opening up the source code at least privately to a few people so someone can make enhancements... This is a really clever, innovative game and it would be a shame to lose it forever!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ekolis: 14.01.2021 06:14.

14.01.2021 06:14 ekolis is offline Send an Email to ekolis Homepage of ekolis Search for Posts by ekolis Add ekolis to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of ekolis: ekolis42 YIM Account Name of ekolis: edwardkolis View the MSN Profile for ekolis
pommiebastard Player-Rank: 3 pommiebastard is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-1246.jpg

Registration Date: 14.02.2014

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

id love to see the game grow into half(or more) of what it was when I joined but it would need a very vibrant advertising campaign to get it back on its feet community wise.

those who have been holding the community have shown incredible love and patience for the challenges but we have burned them out and no one can blame them for anything.

thanks to you for everything we still have in this game.

14.01.2021 19:56 pommiebastard is offline Send an Email to pommiebastard Search for Posts by pommiebastard Add pommiebastard to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by Sygor

quote:
Originally posted by pommiebastard
id love to see the game grow into half(or more) of what it was when I joined but it would need a very vibrant advertising campaign to get it back on its feet community wise.

those who have been holding the community have shown incredible love and patience for the challenges but we have burned them out and no one can blame them for anything.

thanks to you for everything we still have in this game.

I think a start would be for players to post a bit more in the forums.
14.01.2021 22:44 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Elder
Arms Farmers, and Farms Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1338.jpg

Registration Date: 01.01.2020

What happened to War_Cross? He was big enthusiast here.

I think, if we reaaalllly want this community to grow and game evolve, we need:

1) "Elon Musk" (to modify game)

=> "Elon Musk" puts visions on the table =>
=> People trust these or not - discussion =>
=> Message to Erwin =>
=> game (code) gets modifications =>
=> spam campaigns =>
=> new people come around, some elders need to be active

2) Buy Cosmic Supremacy ( = "Elon Musk" )

=> Not will happen, I have asked Erwin, what's the price? Will not sell

3) Just play game like it is and have been (little community, nothing new)

=> ... .. ... . .... .. ... .. . .. ...

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Elder: 15.01.2021 02:43.

15.01.2021 02:40 Elder is offline Send an Email to Elder Search for Posts by Elder Add Elder to your Buddy List
Nomad Player-Rank: 3
Has Speed 5 Frigates

Registration Date: 22.03.2008

We still have 8,828 bottles of beer on the wall.
22.02.2021 08:58 Nomad is offline Send an Email to Nomad Search for Posts by Nomad Add Nomad to your Buddy List
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

I think its up to Erwin what he wants to do. How many people are still regularly playing?

This game has a ton of nostalgia for me more than i can explain. I just seem to get burnt out easily on it now so my desire to play galaxies is pretty low.

I will always remember the friends and fun times we had in games. It was really very fun and helped me along the way.

I check back from time to time and see whats going on in the forums. I do not think i will play a game currently though.

27.02.2021 08:24 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » The Game

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH