Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Game Mechanics » About 12h and Tube Galaxies » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page About 12h and Tube Galaxies
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Elder
Puts Shields on Colony Ships

images/avatars/avatar-1338.jpg

Registration Date: 01.01.2020

About 12h and Tube Galaxies Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Two are running. First I joined, is done for me - I tried something different and that is not getting me anywhere, so I give up there. I tested maximum food needed per pop + minimum food grown per farmer = super slow growth and the end.

Second galaxy is going better, but ...

Take note for future:

If You are planning huge 12h galaxy, give more time for sign-up, so the galaxy would have more players.

Example: some people have joined the galaxy (they are very late). Since three players were only active, they have major amount of planets and much bigger lead in score and science... new players can't get the trust and welcome they need. because those few active players are competiting. Sorry, I don't accept treaties from player, who join galaxy about 100 turns late in situation where one player has half galaxy in pocket and other strong player has backdoor in "my area". This galaxy sounds fair now, that every one of active three should fight for themselves (if there comes any fights Big Grin ). Fourth (late player) can do harm, be annoying with scouts and all, but is not "threat" currently. Can only bully and lure reputation penalties.

If there would have been longer time for sign-up, we could invite and "do some work" to fill the galaxy and get like 10+++ active players to huge galaxy, then score positions are not that sure things - leader may be taken down with teamwork and so on, so any newcommer to galaxy would have much better chance for treaties. Some get down, some want help to grow bigger etc.

At start 12h-turns galaxy was bit boring (nothing much to do) --- in future huge 12h galaxies should start with maximum colony ships, maybe? Only, when there are 10+ active players signed up.
Anyways, "at start it was boring" = I got used to it, to not get "addicted" - I log in once-twice a day and off from game. Currently, its far from "nothing to do". Enough activity for a day. I can't play shorter turns and I am satisfied with 12h-turns selection.

Hopefully there will be more 12h turns games, yes?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Elder: 03.04.2021 03:47.

03.04.2021 01:25 Elder is offline Send an Email to Elder Search for Posts by Elder Add Elder to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

OK. So you want me to post another 12 hour/turn Galaxy?

As for sign up I can't control that...But what I can do is at certain points in the game I can give new players more civ trait choices....

Example:
turn 1.....10 civ traits
turn 50...13 civ traits
turn 100..16 civ traits

Late joiners are a stronger more intelligent species, but they are behind on development. Can they catch up? Can they rule the Galaxy against the Ancients?
03.04.2021 01:49 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Elder

Thread Starter Thread Started by Elder
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No, not now. Later in future, then lets try to fill huge galaxy with 10++ active players.

It has to go so like every player tells they stay active. Man, galaxy is 12h turns = when player signs up, he/she has plenty of time to log in. "Slow game is boring" = not true. Slow start just gives discipline to not wait turns and to get used to 12h turns. The farer galaxy ticks, the less boring goes.

About planets random setup:

Two 12h games are running currently.

I like that high random, where 70+ production and 700+ space planets, too.
But suns are too tight (nowhere to hide) and galaxy is symmetrical. Other galaxy, where max is like 400 space has random spaces between suns.

Would be nice to see next time (whenever it would be) huge galaxy where are high values in random and suns are not symmetrically in map and more time for sign ups. Then its cool.

//////////////////////////////////////

TUBE Galaxies . New story (not about 12h galaxy)

/////////////////////////////////////

If to talk about less than 10 players galaxies, try "huge random" including a-symmetry and set galaxy up as tube = example 3x3x6++ (x7 or x8 or ..)

= there will be tight zones, players get more courage to start shooting colony ships down. "Not fair?" --- use wormholes or diplomacy.

Everybody has their hope for leadership in scoreboard and everybody are important to win their battles (or wars). Every win in some area may turn the game upside down.

3x3x6 = 54 suns = about average x4 or 5x or 6x planets (depending on random) = around ca 210-270-320 planets.
3x3x7 = 63 suns = ... = around ca 250-310-380 planets.
3x3x8 = 72 suns = ... = around ca 290-360-430 planets.

Oo, that I didn't know late peeps get more traits, sounds fair.

This post has been edited 10 time(s), it was last edited by Elder: 03.04.2021 04:01.

03.04.2021 02:16 Elder is offline Send an Email to Elder Search for Posts by Elder Add Elder to your Buddy List
Elder

There are 5-6 ways to post fast intro about starting galaxy for players:

Aligned by most important :

galaxy name ,
CS front page ,
"welcome to galaxy" message --- don't know, is it possible to modify that ,
forum ,
Facebook group + e-mail invitation

For cilinder galaxy players should know to not allow opponents that easily take the planets, and take risk to protect suns early from colony ships invasions.

Offer for galaxy name: Stop Invasion ASAP Xh Galaxy (or soemthing like that)
-- has to be short and clear to shoot them down or you get whacked yourself.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Elder: 03.04.2021 03:46.

03.04.2021 03:06 Elder is offline Send an Email to Elder Search for Posts by Elder Add Elder to your Buddy List
Elder

This setup is even more agressive.

2x2x6 = 24 suns = about average x4 or 5x or 6x planets (depending on random) = around ca 100-120-140 planets.
2x2x7 = 28 suns = ... = around ca 110-140-170 planets.
2x2x8 = 32 suns = ... = around ca 130-160-190 planets.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Elder: 03.04.2021 04:09.

03.04.2021 03:41 Elder is offline Send an Email to Elder Search for Posts by Elder Add Elder to your Buddy List
Elder

OK, final post, then I go to sleep.
I think this tube looks nice, too:

2x2x9 = 36 suns = about average x4 or 5x or 6x planets (depending on random)

= around ca 144-180-216 planets.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Elder: 03.04.2021 04:14.

03.04.2021 03:57 Elder is offline Send an Email to Elder Search for Posts by Elder Add Elder to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Game Mechanics » About 12h and Tube Galaxies

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH