Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Invatation, Come play » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Invatation, Come play
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
NickVanran Player-Rank: 3 NickVanran is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-698.jpg

Registration Date: 21.06.2009

Invatation, Come play Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Come and try this game for your self.

Information listed below:

Ways that it can be played:

one against one -- All against all (with treaties and allies) -- one against all -- team games -- King of the Hill -- break through-- War game ( everyone is at war with everyone else From the start of the game) -- You can have 2-D games ( 1 X 4 x 6 ) and 3-D games (From 2 X 2 X 2, up to 9 X 9 X 9 ) - the number of planets per star can range from 1 to 9. The planet size can be very-ed from useless to Massive.

The time between ticks May also be very-ed . Speed games with turns every minute, hour, two hours, up to 24 hours.

With all the variables, and all the types of games, you can see, this is no ordinary game.

It is a little bit hard to Learn how to play at first, but over the years, we have had many guides written, which will help you learn to play.

We have had some people complain about being able to program a governor to cover some of the plays when you do not have time to be on the computer every tick. In a large galaxy, where people have more than 100 planets, governors are essential and much-needed.

With the best governor that can be programmed, you will still have to make the command decisions in order to win the game. There is no way a governor or admiral can be programed to win on its own, they only help manage the planets and the ships. There is no AI built into this game. Even with the intelligence and learning ability of the AI robots, I personally do not think, they could win this game with out some human help.

Invitation:

If you would like to try this game, let us know, by Leaving a message in this thread. A game will be set up, and some of us will help you to learn how to play. None of us, want to see the game died.

Nick Vanran

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by NickVanran: 18.01.2023 18:30.

14.01.2023 16:35 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Thread Starter Thread Started by NickVanran
RE: Invatation, Come play Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Big Grin Evil

18.01.2023 18:32 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus
Michael dew Player-Rank: 2 Michael dew is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-1212.jpg

Registration Date: 18.06.2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have joined nick!

19.01.2023 09:49 Michael dew is offline Send an Email to Michael dew Search for Posts by Michael dew Add Michael dew to your Buddy List
inerz Player-Rank: 3
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Are you guys sure about the 2 hour turns?
12 turns per 24h, pretty fast game.

This post has been edited 4.8E30 time(s), it was last edited by inerz: Today, 18:55.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9-1uDF8bPo
19.01.2023 12:31 inerz is offline Send an Email to inerz Search for Posts by inerz Add inerz to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by inerz
Are you guys sure about the 2 hour turns?
12 turns per 24h, pretty fast game.

Personally, I prefer longer turns.. but i don't see many galaxies atm

19.01.2023 21:48 Michael dew is offline Send an Email to Michael dew Search for Posts by Michael dew Add Michael dew to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

2 hour galaxy will not give us time to run our 80 planets, and have a life too. I prefer 4 to 6 hour ticks, personally. With 2 hour ticks, I will not have any time to write my books and take care of living.

Tongue LOL

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by NickVanran: 19.01.2023 22:07.

19.01.2023 22:05 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus
Sygor Player-Rank: 4
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-1306.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

Let me know if you want the tick time changed.
19.01.2023 23:23 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

i vote 6hr ticks.
Hope to hear what you guys prefer.

This post has been edited 4.8E30 time(s), it was last edited by inerz: Today, 18:55.

20.01.2023 07:29 inerz is offline Send an Email to inerz Search for Posts by inerz Add inerz to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

6 hour ticks sound good to me. Wish the stars were a little closer together.

Nick

21.01.2023 04:34 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus

Yes 4-6hrs for me works well too

23.01.2023 00:37 Michael dew is offline Send an Email to Michael dew Search for Posts by Michael dew Add Michael dew to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

I was actually just starting to like the 2h ticks for the colonisation phase :p

Anyone want 2h ticks till maybe turn 100 ? Then slow things after that?

I can make do with 4h ticks as well if that's the preference.

23.01.2023 14:32 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Right now 2 hour turns are Okay. I am writing a governor, as we go to control all my new planets. He builds farms, controls research, builds universities and factories.

I have not figured out how to get him to build a production Q as yet. ( HaHa Mad ).

I have my AI programmer helping me.

Nick

23.01.2023 17:24 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus
Rules with an Iron Pinky

quote:
Originally posted by NickVanran
I have not figured out how to get him to build a production Q as yet. ( HaHa Mad ).
Nick

If condition
     Switch Production-Queue of this Planet to specific production-queue

23.01.2023 18:19 inerz is offline Send an Email to inerz Search for Posts by inerz Add inerz to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

I know that switch Q line, But I want the governor to also write the Q so I will not have to.

Maybe I can train my AI programmer to do that for me. (Just having fun, No AI programmer, Shucks.)

In a few years AI will be writing software and maybe also playing games, other than chess and checkers.

It's a coming, Fast.

Nick

23.01.2023 20:48 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus

They play Go too..

I personally find queues hard to manage (my own problem)..

So I always do something like

If no of Farms < 1 and Citizens > 4
Build Farm
If no of Farms < 2 and Citizens > 6
Build Farm

and so on.. much uglier but I think I have better control of what gets built

24.01.2023 09:51 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

I do the same as tingling. Messy but works well.

24.01.2023 10:51 inerz is offline Send an Email to inerz Search for Posts by inerz Add inerz to your Buddy List

After almost a decade.. I finally get around to tweaking my default governors a bit :p

Governor created 20 Jun 2013 (not my first gov)
Last Modified 29 Jan 2023

28.01.2023 07:05 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Invatation, Come play

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH