Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Bug Reports » too long a report » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page too long a report
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Albatrossix Player-Rank: 2
Puts Shields on Colony Ships

Registration Date: 13.02.2008

too long a report Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just did a fleetscan of a fleet with 5 different classes ships, and the report is longer than you can stretch the report column, under the scanning tab.

removing the -class text for every ship might help somewhat. (as that's 5times -class), or maybe even simplifiying to icons only (holding mouse over icon could give tooltip telling you what it is.)
22.04.2008 12:54 Albatrossix is offline Send an Email to Albatrossix Search for Posts by Albatrossix Add Albatrossix to your Buddy List
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes, with the new ship-icons it might even be possible to get rid of most of the text, and replace it with tooltips. For now I will just make that column a little wider. By the way you can do that yourself, by clicking on the right most edge of the column header, and drag it further to the right.
22.04.2008 23:16 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List
Albatrossix Player-Rank: 2
Puts Shields on Colony Ships

Registration Date: 13.02.2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by Albatrossix
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think I had reached the maximum, I even widened the window and it didn't seem to be able to expand more. But I see now that maybe because I was trying to squish the other tab too much.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Albatrossix: 23.04.2008 22:45.

23.04.2008 22:42 Albatrossix is offline Send an Email to Albatrossix Search for Posts by Albatrossix Add Albatrossix to your Buddy List
Rismagi Player-Rank: 3 Rismagi is a male
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

images/avatars/avatar-326.jpg

Registration Date: 08.11.2006

Here

First string - military-scan, second - fleet.

1. Scan report string too long. I had to switch to 1280 px screen resolution to read full report at galaxy map window.
2. Fleet and military scan report shouldn't be the same I think.
3. Expired scan-reports vanish. I think it is better to save them - even expired scan info is very useful.
25.04.2008 13:46 Rismagi is offline Send an Email to Rismagi Search for Posts by Rismagi Add Rismagi to your Buddy List
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

1) Well, I'll make that column wider so that you can scroll through it.
2) That is because previous scan information is automatically applied to other scan results, if applicable - but I understand it might be confusing.
3) I agree - they should not vanish.
26.04.2008 14:03 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Bug Reports » too long a report

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH