Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Gal #100: First Team Galaxy Ever » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gal #100: First Team Galaxy Ever
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ruger Player-Rank: 3 Ruger is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1130.jpg

Registration Date: 23.03.2008

RE: How do you guys like it so far? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think this game will really tell if this will be a possible game type down the road and where it could really lead to. I am liking it more than a normal game. Love having to have communication and stratgy right out of the gate. Much more interesting game play. Hopefully there will be more of these Galaxys.
16.07.2008 19:40 Ruger is offline Send an Email to Ruger Search for Posts by Ruger Add Ruger to your Buddy List
Ceejay9 Player-Rank: 2
Invades without Troop Ships

Registration Date: 09.05.2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yea, i've talked with a few people about it now, and this is definitely a different beginning game dynamic. Just the coordination adn communication going on is far and above a normal game it's great. really makes you feel like a part of an empire of stars. Smile
16.07.2008 19:59 Ceejay9 is offline Send an Email to Ceejay9 Search for Posts by Ceejay9 Add Ceejay9 to your Buddy List
jackjack Player-Rank: 2
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1220.jpg

Registration Date: 04.07.2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

would have been nice to have a "so how active are you REALLY going to be" questionnaireTongue

Turn 119 Blue Team Strikes Back!

16.07.2008 20:45 jackjack is offline Search for Posts by jackjack Add jackjack to your Buddy List
Ruger Player-Rank: 3 Ruger is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1130.jpg

Registration Date: 23.03.2008

ya, that would have been nice
16.07.2008 20:46 Ruger is offline Send an Email to Ruger Search for Posts by Ruger Add Ruger to your Buddy List
Aku-Aku Player-Rank: 1
Has Speed 5 Frigates

Registration Date: 24.04.2008

Yea... I'm also think that idea is good.
But I think its more because of customised home planet (I think from now its must be default rule for all gals) its a main source of such speed up.

But other parts have big faults.

1) Only two teams separated sharply

I think we are need more teams. More random placed.
And I think it will be great when people before start will decide who will be in which team because of his position. Аnd will not out of such allience during the game. Have NO default enemys and can make other alliences as well.

2) Standard count of reputation and score

Does not suit to such type of game.
Some people convert his grows into early fleets.
And other (who far from the front) can grow more and more fat.

I think... to be fair. The total score of all team must be divided between members somehow.

Also... its need to be planets and ships trading between allyes.

3) Communication

Its need to be simple and usefull mechanism to talk with allyes.
I think IRC type in-game chat suit it best (I think there is a lot of free engines of IRC to ease embed into game)
Where each team will have its separate and secure room.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Aku-Aku: 17.07.2008 10:57.

17.07.2008 10:53 Aku-Aku is offline Send an Email to Aku-Aku Search for Posts by Aku-Aku Add Aku-Aku to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

I think the hard rep for attack own is what has left us open to the present pepper pot nature of the red team

last few seconds of #167....

jackjack has attached this image (reduced version):
score.jpg

18.07.2008 23:58 jackjack is offline Search for Posts by jackjack Add jackjack to your Buddy List
quickstrike Player-Rank: 2 quickstrike is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-327.gif

Registration Date: 04.01.2007

Thank you for posting jackjack! The scores are pretty close. I like seeing drama unfold. Wink

Minkis
Kazagistar
Skinnyloser
JamesChristo
Satai

19.07.2008 05:45 quickstrike is offline Send an Email to quickstrike Search for Posts by quickstrike Add quickstrike to your Buddy List
SL1m'as Player-Rank: 3 SL1m'as is a male
Scouts his own Systems

Registration Date: 17.03.2007

I wish I had time for this galaxy Cool Sounds like real fun, hopefully I'll have time to play again someday Tongue
19.07.2008 15:12 SL1m'as is offline Send an Email to SL1m'as Search for Posts by SL1m'as Add SL1m'as to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for SL1m'as
Keln Player-Rank: 2

images/avatars/avatar-348.gif

Registration Date: 14.10.2007

I'm enjoying it more than any other galaxy I've played honestly. I like working with a team.

20.07.2008 14:20 Keln is offline Send an Email to Keln Search for Posts by Keln Add Keln to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

T214 -- Phantom/Ceejay Capture 221. With a haphazard super fleet

The official statement is as follows:

This was not a surprise in the end. I knew it. I knew it all along.

All I can say is that I blame you. It's all your fault. ...Red Team. I had nothing to do with it. I was following orders. My cat eat my homework. The dish ran away with the spoon.

That is all. Big Grin Roll Eyes Neutral

20.07.2008 22:31 jackjack is offline Search for Posts by jackjack Add jackjack to your Buddy List
Sr._buttmunch Player-Rank: 2
Scouts his own Systems

Registration Date: 01.08.2007

...I love galaxy beta 100. You soooo have to make more of these even though I don't think its perfect, To me, It is far better than any normal galaxy. You should probably fix the whole attacking inactives once they are at 50% because the other team can get to them before you can if you know what I mean. Also, I don't like how the teams were so unevenly distributed. The red team has been a lot more organized in their attacks than the blue team...this has been like this because of how well they coordinate their attacks. I do not believe that we should pick our own teams but we should have more even teams. Evil
21.07.2008 12:12 Sr._buttmunch is offline Send an Email to Sr._buttmunch Search for Posts by Sr._buttmunch Add Sr._buttmunch to your Buddy List
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by Erwin [CS]

quote:
Originally posted by Sr._buttmunch
Also, I don't like how the teams were so unevenly distributed. The red team has been a lot more organized in their attacks than the blue team...this has been like this because of how well they coordinate their attacks. I do not believe that we should pick our own teams but we should have more even teams. Evil

Right, if you know a method how to create two evenly distributed teams, then please be my guest... Creating even teams will always be the hardest part, because you can not know in advance who will be active, and who will not. In fact I think the two teams are pretty balanced right now, with the Blue Team fighting back and causing the Red Team some real headache...

There is nothing I can do about one team decides to communicate a lot and the other decides not to. I could tag players as "more or less communicative" (aka "spammers" Tongue ), and then make sure they are evenly distributed among the teams, but that is no guarantee that this will result in lots of useful communication and great team-work. The quint essence is it depends entirely on the participating players if they want to take part in communications, and by that increase the team-work factor.
21.07.2008 12:37 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List
Scouts his own Systems

If you want me to, then I will think long and hard. i'm not sure if I can give you and answer but i sure as hell can try. So ill get back to you if I come up with something. In the mean time, Are you going to make any more of these b/c I love team galaxies!
21.07.2008 19:37 Sr._buttmunch is offline Send an Email to Sr._buttmunch Search for Posts by Sr._buttmunch Add Sr._buttmunch to your Buddy List
Scouts his own Systems

I got a plan! why don't you just divide everyone evenly by rank? ...unless that's what you did in the first place. Evil
21.07.2008 19:41 Sr._buttmunch is offline Send an Email to Sr._buttmunch Search for Posts by Sr._buttmunch Add Sr._buttmunch to your Buddy List
Scouts his own Systems

Can you also measure how many times a person logs into a server and divide that number by the number of different galaxies they have played to get an idea of how much they would play, then put them in based on that. Then split up the newcomers and ppl that don't play much evenly.
21.07.2008 19:44 Sr._buttmunch is offline Send an Email to Sr._buttmunch Search for Posts by Sr._buttmunch Add Sr._buttmunch to your Buddy List
Scouts his own Systems

but...then again when you make the teams unfair...thats when the real stars start to shine. And thats how new leaders/good players rise.
21.07.2008 19:47 Sr._buttmunch is offline Send an Email to Sr._buttmunch Search for Posts by Sr._buttmunch Add Sr._buttmunch to your Buddy List
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by Erwin [CS]

Well see, it's hard Tongue

I do already split by galaxy-fame. That's the best (and only) measure I got right now to determine the strength of players. Of course that does not stop a Rank 3 player to go inactive. Also one could argue that the galaxy-fame as it is now is not very representative, and we should rather use the average galaxy fame per player when splitting the teams. Ok, point taken Wink But other than that I can not think of a better automatism that creates two equally strong teams.

As you are saying, the most important aspect is that the individual players rise to the occasion, stand together as a team and help each other out. Personal position within the high-score table is completely irrelevant, since neither team will gain galaxy fame for this (at least that was the original plan). So either you win, or you lose - as a team.
21.07.2008 20:02 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List

Simply make it random! The laws of probability will make most galaxies "balanced".

Now, I got the short end of the stick and all getting a tiny starting system, and the only one I could colonize was made of planets someone threw away, but I got on a team with some super people, so that's another form of "balance" right? Probabilities and all of that you know...

21.07.2008 23:48 Keln is offline Send an Email to Keln Search for Posts by Keln Add Keln to your Buddy List
quickstrike Player-Rank: 2 quickstrike is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-327.gif

Registration Date: 04.01.2007

Make everyone pay to play. That will surely make them stay active. Wink

jk jk...*hides before rocks are thrown*

Minkis
Kazagistar
Skinnyloser
JamesChristo
Satai

21.07.2008 23:56 quickstrike is offline Send an Email to quickstrike Search for Posts by quickstrike Add quickstrike to your Buddy List

Well, I'd have to agree actually.

22.07.2008 14:42 Keln is offline Send an Email to Keln Search for Posts by Keln Add Keln to your Buddy List
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Gal #100: First Team Galaxy Ever

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH