Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Suggestions » Overall rank » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Overall rank
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
German680 Player-Rank: 1
Wonders where that new Farmer came from

Registration Date: 26.10.2008

Tongue Overall rank Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello i am new to this game. I have just started playing World 119 beta.

And i must say im loveing it, cant wait to get ranked to play with the big boy's and see all the new stuff im hearing about being implomented.

I have an idea, But i was kinda disapointed you didnt have this allready,

Ok it's called overall rank or over all Stats AKA let's start with basics on what it will look like.

You would have a quick link somewhere on your profile,

This link will take you too a new screen that will list your achivment's aka how many game hr's you have clocked up. And this wold be from very first rank till you hit top rank and beyond just every world youve played..

How many games youve played how many wins losses,

how many planets you have taken over how many have been taken from you how many troops, ships, bla bla bla you have had taken.

i dont know if i have explained this clear enuf . but feal free to ask any question's you may have. And i hope the game creater decides to add this too the game becuse i would like to have something to show people and glote about you know what i mean.. Ive been playing this long bla had this many ships.. it's sort of a status amongst members thing.
01.11.2008 11:11 German680 is offline Send an Email to German680 Search for Posts by German680 Add German680 to your Buddy List
Karakzon Player-Rank: 1 Karakzon is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-453.jpg

Registration Date: 20.02.2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

lol in otherwords a stats tally so we can brag to each other?

The Wolf's of the solar wind howl to all worlds great and small.
And they do tremble at the silence before the hunt.
01.11.2008 11:13 Karakzon is offline Send an Email to Karakzon Search for Posts by Karakzon Add Karakzon to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by German680
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah it would be a profile of all your achivent's you have had in every world you have played , like you have had in all your world's 300 planets taken.

and how agressive you are, very super agressive

super girl

Woos,.
01.11.2008 11:20 German680 is offline Send an Email to German680 Search for Posts by German680 Add German680 to your Buddy List

i like it ^^ the idea.

01.11.2008 11:28 Karakzon is offline Send an Email to Karakzon Search for Posts by Karakzon Add Karakzon to your Buddy List
Skylimit Player-Rank: 1
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

images/avatars/avatar-369.jpg

Registration Date: 11.09.2008

If you click on a user profile you do get a picture about someone's track

clicking on Karkazon
Galaxy Fame Earned: 87

Galaxy Achievements:
0 Fame Earned in XP Galaxy 4
14 Fame Earned in Speed Galaxy Beta 5
14 Fame Earned in Galaxy Beta 85
6 Fame Earned in Galaxy Beta 84
44 Fame Earned in Galaxy Beta 82
9 Fame Earned in Galaxy Beta 80
01.11.2008 11:30 Skylimit is offline Send an Email to Skylimit Search for Posts by Skylimit Add Skylimit to your Buddy List

true, but you canot gauge a players personality from rep score xD
i suppose looking at his individual galaxies might give you an indication if hes freindly or not. but other thn that.

01.11.2008 11:36 Karakzon is offline Send an Email to Karakzon Search for Posts by Karakzon Add Karakzon to your Buddy List

karakon you bring up a very good uestion.. it would allso help people know more about the player and help them gage weather and how much of a threat they will or would be.

Allso would be cool if we had achivments to get to and we get honore from them...

Like colonise 10 planets get 10 xp then it would jump like 10 % 20 planets 20 xp then jump 20 % so on so forth . then we could descus what would be good achivment's to get. =D
01.11.2008 11:54 German680 is offline Send an Email to German680 Search for Posts by German680 Add German680 to your Buddy List
jackjack Player-Rank: 2
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1220.jpg

Registration Date: 04.07.2007

I research average rank, who they played against.

There is going to be a premier "see past galaxies" so you can track people's movements. Which will make player research easier.

you could always just describe yourself

me = 7th rate mercenaryTongue

I can see the pros and cons of labeling players.

I think players who put effort in should have a pay back.

As said before most people play to win for themselves, alliances last as long as it is convenient for them.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jackjack: 01.11.2008 11:57.

01.11.2008 11:55 jackjack is offline Search for Posts by jackjack Add jackjack to your Buddy List
Skylimit Player-Rank: 1
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

images/avatars/avatar-369.jpg

Registration Date: 11.09.2008

quote:
Like colonise 10 planets get 10 xp then it would jump like 10 % 20 planets 20 xp then jump 20 % so on so forth . then we could descus what would be good achivment's to get. =D

Achievements are a nice feature
If you can get achievements for many different items, you could derive a playing style from looking at a profile. And maybe label the player with names, depending on which aspect has the most weight, like Military Expansionist, Scientific Genius, Stock Broker, Mining Expert, ...

Would be a nice extra, as long as it doesn't give away too much about your playing style
01.11.2008 12:00 Skylimit is offline Send an Email to Skylimit Search for Posts by Skylimit Add Skylimit to your Buddy List
stabby Player-Rank: 2 stabby is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-437.jpg

Registration Date: 12.12.2007

I`d say its a cool feature Tongue only mine`d be too embarassing... Tongue

i want a avg rep thing on my profile Smile or in like signature and stuff Tongue

01.11.2008 12:20 stabby is offline Send an Email to stabby Homepage of stabby Search for Posts by stabby Add stabby to your Buddy List
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

I really like this idea.....and honestly, this alone could end up attracting people to the game...

if anyone is familiar with Halo Smile .....look on bungies site....they have ridiculous stats..

they keep track of absolutely everything, every kill with every weapon, every death and the location of that death on every map...

So i say, if something like this was added to spaceciv, that the more the better...

People have a general tendacy to like stuff like this....its just human nature....some people even like to purposely build up certain items, which in turn makes them play the game more...

I guess i never really thought of this for space civ....but now i think it would be a great addition.

01.11.2008 20:52 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List

My thougt's exactly..

I tent o only be play games where i have ranking's detailed rankings...

Like BF2 me and my brother are veicle whores we have over 400 hrs of flying the plain that's a huge amout and we have 180 hrs flying the helicopter.. and i must say i am leet with my sniper and hand grandes. oww lets not foget claymore...

if it wasnt for the stats i would of played it as much as i did.
01.11.2008 21:08 German680 is offline Send an Email to German680 Search for Posts by German680 Add German680 to your Buddy List
uncountednose Player-Rank: 3 uncountednose is a male
Master Beta-Tester Extraordinaire

images/avatars/avatar-892.gif

Registration Date: 01.02.2007

i could see this causing people to declare war just to boost their stats. sounds good.

-Erwin [CS]
01.11.2008 23:46 uncountednose is offline Send an Email to uncountednose Search for Posts by uncountednose Add uncountednose to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by uncountednose
i could see this causing people to declare war just to boost their stats. sounds good.

there could be like Kill/Death ratio's, Planetconquered/lost ratio's.....really the possibilities are endless..

but something like this would definitely take quite a bit of time to implement i have a feeling.....

you need to present it in a way that is clear and easy to understand....perhaps each person has a little bio section in their profile that has all this info....

02.11.2008 00:06 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List

stuff like

avg score, fame earned

planets controlled ( planets left at every game )

number of ships produced ever
number of ships destroyed/lost

Highest technology researched

also you could like have achievements

like: Space Conqueror, reached rank 2 within 1 galaxy

farmer, 1 planet with more than 10 farms build (or some onther high numer)

the options are endless people

03.11.2008 09:59 stabby is offline Send an Email to stabby Homepage of stabby Search for Posts by stabby Add stabby to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by stabby

the options are endless people

oh i know the options are endless....

and i must say, games that have features like this, and the better they are implemented, tend to be the more popular games....

granted this all comes after the gameplay is perfect....

but eventually having a feature like, not only increases people playing the game....but the general "community" is improved

some ideas for possible stats:

Total number of ships produced
Total light/heavy/bomb firepower
Total number of troops produced
total number of colony ships
# of planets ever taken
total # of planets lost
military lost in battle
military killed in battle
total number of planets held at one time
# of cloaking devices used
Sum total of production ever produced
Sum total of Science
Total resources ever mined
Earliest turn to take a planet
Earliest turn to lose a planent
average ship speed
average ship firepower
Total distance traveld by ships
Total of LT's/HT's and SG's ever built
Total number of turns played
How much inactivity percentage points the player has racked up..
Kill/Death ratio of your ships/military (add-on of military killed/lost)..

having something like this someday would be phenomenal.....and i could probably add more, but i just thought i'd throw those out there..

it would start to paint a picture of the player, give people a better sense of each other, just in general make people more excited about the game...there would be tons of people just browsing others profile to check stats out....its fun Smile

It's just fun for new...even old players....to be able to come in and see what people have been up to by looking at stats

03.11.2008 10:41 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List

exactly just look at that list, truly endless.

wel erwin what do you say?

03.11.2008 16:55 stabby is offline Send an Email to stabby Homepage of stabby Search for Posts by stabby Add stabby to your Buddy List
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

I'm all for overall statistics.
03.11.2008 17:24 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by Erwin [SC]
I'm all for overall statistics.

yes....im so glad your not opposed to doing this...

someday, this will truly be a very nice worth while feature....

03.11.2008 18:50 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List

Your all worng.. It would be a legendary feater =D
03.11.2008 22:27 German680 is offline Send an Email to German680 Search for Posts by German680 Add German680 to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Suggestions » Overall rank

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH