Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Game Mechanics » Allies, neutrals, and enemies » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Allies, neutrals, and enemies
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
magelan Player-Rank: 1
Has Speed 5 Frigates

Registration Date: 06.09.2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I totally agree with what uncountednose said and Arcady!
30.11.2008 17:22 magelan is offline Send an Email to magelan Search for Posts by magelan Add magelan to your Buddy List
Rismagi Player-Rank: 3 Rismagi is a male
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

images/avatars/avatar-326.jpg

Registration Date: 08.11.2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Arcady
Pearl Harbour

I am not against a war declaration a few seconds before the turn calculation. But I would add a reputation penalty for an attack right after the war declaration.

quote:
Originally posted by uncountednose
if you are allied with someone and attach your fleet to theirs and they go and attack someone you are neutral to then you should participate and this should count as a signifigant battle with gain/loss of reputation.

There can be a problem:

A war C, D
B ally A, neutral to C and D
C ally D
D lost a war to A in the beginning, have nothing more than few ships but still active for some reason
A, B, C scores is equal

B's fleet follow A.

What if A with B decide to attack D's ship?
What if A with B decide to attack C's planet, where happen to be D's ship?
What if all C's planets happen to have D's ship on orbits?
30.11.2008 20:19 Rismagi is offline Send an Email to Rismagi Search for Posts by Rismagi Add Rismagi to your Buddy List
uncountednose Player-Rank: 3 uncountednose is a male
Master Beta-Tester Extraordinaire

images/avatars/avatar-892.gif

Registration Date: 01.02.2007

quote:
Originally posted by Rismagi
I am not against a war declaration a few seconds before the turn calculation. But I would add a reputation penalty for an attack right after the war declaration.

forget that! If we want to disable the ability to declare war in the last few minutes i think that is kind of silly but acceptable. rep penalty because you declared war and attacked immediately? nonsense, what reasonable leader doesn't attack right after declaring war.

quote:

B would lose reputation. Should be unhappy with A, not the game.

quote:

quote:

Deciding to ally with someone is a big step and requires a level of trust. Deciding to have your ships follow someone else is a HUGE step and requires absolute trust. If you set your ships to follow someone else the intent to assist them in ANY battle is clear. Do not attach your ships to someone else unless you are willing to participate.

-Erwin [CS]
01.12.2008 02:34 uncountednose is offline Send an Email to uncountednose Search for Posts by uncountednose Add uncountednose to your Buddy List

quote:
rep penalty because you declared war and attacked immediately? nonsense, what reasonable leader doesn't attack right after declaring war.

I know most of the players wouldn't like it Roll Eyes

quote:
quote:

Right.

quote:
quote:

Depends on situation. A could not saw D's ship (was off-line or it was a trap and D's ship just arrived).

quote:
quote:

Wrong. B will not loose reputation, but both A and B will be unhappy with C, D, this galaxy and the game. Especially if A can't attack C alone.
01.12.2008 09:55 Rismagi is offline Send an Email to Rismagi Search for Posts by Rismagi Add Rismagi to your Buddy List
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

Just to clarify things: what I proposed was not a means to automatically declare war a few seconds before you (as a single player) attack a player. Instead you declare that "if your ally attacks a player that you happen to be neutral with, you will stand by your ally, no matter what". "No matter what" in this case you accept that you are unintentionally pulled into wars, and accept a potential reputation loss that might result from it.

quote:

By default the player is protected against making (reputation) mistakes. However, we could add a treaty-item (available to allied players only) that makes sure that you automatically declare war (and accept a potential reputation hit) if your ally is attacking a neutral player.

Since I think that this represents quite a drastic step, it should not be the default behavior, but you declare this intent with an extra "treaty item", that could actually be canceled if you wish so. This is so that you truly can't blame the game for losing reputation (or being pulled into wars), but only yourself for trusting your ally.
01.12.2008 10:01 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List

How about "Force peace" unconditional treaty that will "force" another player, 10 times weaker than you, to sign a (white) peace? It will be helpful in the case I described above.
01.12.2008 10:31 Rismagi is offline Send an Email to Rismagi Search for Posts by Rismagi Add Rismagi to your Buddy List
uncountednose Player-Rank: 3 uncountednose is a male
Master Beta-Tester Extraordinaire

images/avatars/avatar-892.gif

Registration Date: 01.02.2007

well getting back to the situations rismagi outlined, if c has d's ships in orbit around their planet then b most certainly will lose reputation when he attacks one of c's planets with a. At least thats the way it needs to be in my opinion. There needs to be consequences to actions, right now everyone is falling all over themselves signing alliances before the galaxy has even gotten started, seems to me they need to take responsibility for their actions.

I really think this should be default behavior for an alliance. There happens to be another option if you don't want to go to this length, it is called a peace treaty. Some of you may not be familiar with it but i swear it is an option. If you really want to make it where it is an additional option i guess that is ok. really i am satisfied with the way it is now, i just think it could be better. As long as we don't have situations like i was experiencing in xp-2 i am ok.

-Erwin [CS]
01.12.2008 11:00 uncountednose is offline Send an Email to uncountednose Search for Posts by uncountednose Add uncountednose to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Game Mechanics » Allies, neutrals, and enemies

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH