Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Suggestions » Some things I would find helpful » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Some things I would find helpful
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Arcady Player-Rank: 3 Arcady is a male
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1230.gif

Registration Date: 13.09.2008

Some things I would find helpful Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Take them as you will.

If my ships had an icon showing they were cloaked, I would not have to continually check each ship against it's ship design to be sure it did have one.

When setting an arbitrary point in space it can be difficult to be sure it's placed at a correct distance from multiple targets. If the "x" were a selectable object, I could compare that.

Losing citizens due to starvation, or losing anything for any reason really, should be news.

If players names were colored in the news section, it would be easier to tell who I'm communicating with. I think we've all been there were a player gets added in the middle of a conversation and someone doesn't notice the addition.

I still think it would be very handy to have a section on the resource overview showing how much of a resource I'm using that turn.

If I could find out the exact X, Y, and Z locations of my objects, I could better relate those positions to allies that I do not share LOS with. As LOS requires a minimum 100 turn length and shows everything without discretion, it is not always an option.

All transport admiral rules refer to "from" planet. It makes it very difficult to return low ranking troops back to the source and trade for higher rank troops. Also, it currently requires multiple ships with multiple admirals to do these things. "Transport to 'Planet' second" rules would be awesome.

I've never used many attack admirals because frankly I don't trust them to not get my fleets killed. It would also be impossible to come up with rules for every contingency. However, some sort of "avoid contact" rule would be awesome as well. Maybe there could be a way to integrate scans and admirals. This might be far fetched but "Scan fleets in 'range'", and "avoid fleets larger than myself" would be super-fantastic.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Arcady: 07.02.2009 14:16.

07.02.2009 13:51 Arcady is offline Send an Email to Arcady Search for Posts by Arcady Add Arcady to your Buddy List
azazel Player-Rank: 2 azazel is a male
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

Registration Date: 25.06.2007

RE: Some things I would find helpful Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

all points seconded.

only:
quote:

If players names were colored in the news section, it would be easier to tell who I'm communicating with. I think we've all been there were a player gets added in the middle of a conversation and someone doesn't notice the addition.

I don't think coloring the names would suffice. For me it's often the problem that if there are multiple recipients, only some are visible. You get to see the rest only when replying (where you can add new recipients or remove some by toggling their checkbox).
It would be nice if the line showing the recipients would not end with "..." if too long, but instead wrap.

Also, a filter by sender/recipient for news would be awesome.

Cheers,
Azazel
07.02.2009 14:04 azazel is offline Send an Email to azazel Search for Posts by azazel Add azazel to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by Arcady
RE: Some things I would find helpful Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I forgot to add:

I have an admiral that sends ships to repair when they've dropped below a specific percentage. The problem is, I don't want them to return just because they've come above that. I want them to return when they're 100%. I currently have two admirals, one that pulls them, and the other that sends them back at 100%. I have to manually switch them to make it work.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Arcady: 07.02.2009 14:15.

07.02.2009 14:14 Arcady is offline Send an Email to Arcady Search for Posts by Arcady Add Arcady to your Buddy List
Nongolf Player-Rank: 3 Nongolf is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-1040.gif

Registration Date: 29.09.2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I second azazels opinion Wink

Arcady is also right on target with this last one:
quote:
I have an admiral that sends ships to repair when they've dropped below a specific percentage. The problem is, I don't want them to return just because they've come above that. I want them to return when they're 100%. I currently have two admirals, one that pulls them, and the other that sends them back at 100%. I have to manually switch them to make it work.

I haven't been able to do this right either. Very annoying to have your ships return with 90% damage.
A simple rule to 'stay at [Planet] until ship is [%] damaged' or somthing to that effect, should do the trick.
07.02.2009 15:03 Nongolf is offline Send an Email to Nongolf Search for Posts by Nongolf Add Nongolf to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by Arcady
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sorry, one more.
If another players ship has been in view for more than one turn. I don't see why we couldn't have trails for them. I mean, I knew where it was last turn, and I know where it is now.
07.02.2009 20:03 Arcady is offline Send an Email to Arcady Search for Posts by Arcady Add Arcady to your Buddy List
Kinesis Player-Rank: 1 Kinesis is a male
Serves Soup on Colony Shuttles

images/avatars/avatar-423.gif

Registration Date: 23.01.2009

Excellent suggestions.
08.02.2009 14:06 Kinesis is offline Send an Email to Kinesis Search for Posts by Kinesis Add Kinesis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Suggestions » Some things I would find helpful

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH