Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Suggestions » Admirals » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Admirals
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
UnitedNationsSpaceCommand Player-Rank: 2
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

images/avatars/avatar-705.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2008

Admirals Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I wouln't mind Defence admirals being more automated - as you might know i like to keep picket lines around my aroun my planets - but i am finding it difficult to post anti scout interceptor fleets around my systems.

I would find it very useful if you can the following rules

create groups for defence admirals
If the Fleet contains the flowing text eg 1/1/2 Alpha Wing
Patrol following arbitary points ( would be cool)
Return to Set Point if certain units from point
( after the fighter intercepts)

These rules would make result in one admiral controlling all interceptors in all my sytems and in all postitions within a system

- Some players may have noticed that i hate SCouts in my sytem often if it involves a rep gain i will declare war and "arrest them"

Space strategy game
space strategy game
16.02.2009 12:25 UnitedNationsSpaceCommand is offline Send an Email to UnitedNationsSpaceCommand Search for Posts by UnitedNationsSpaceCommand Add UnitedNationsSpaceCommand to your Buddy List
Nongolf Player-Rank: 3 Nongolf is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-1040.gif

Registration Date: 29.09.2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Patrol following arbitary points ( would be cool)

Way cool. Route waypoints would be a great addition.

And, if my pilots are still alive I want them back!
16.02.2009 13:44 Nongolf is offline Send an Email to Nongolf Search for Posts by Nongolf Add Nongolf to your Buddy List
UnitedNationsSpaceCommand Player-Rank: 2
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

images/avatars/avatar-705.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by UnitedNationsSpaceCommand
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i really think we need the rule if this fleet has the specifc text and groups for adiral rules it will really reduce the number of admiral you have

Space strategy game
space strategy game
19.02.2009 07:02 UnitedNationsSpaceCommand is offline Send an Email to UnitedNationsSpaceCommand Search for Posts by UnitedNationsSpaceCommand Add UnitedNationsSpaceCommand to your Buddy List
Earendel Player-Rank: 2 Earendel is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-795.jpg

Registration Date: 16.02.2009

I've got an assault admiral going round systems. There is a supply line of new troop ships and reinforcements. There is also a tail of ships that have just been repaired that are trying to catch up with the lead fleet. The lead fleet has just taken damage and a third of the ships have dropped out for repairs. The lead fleet is heading for the next system but if they attack before reinforcements arrive there will be losses. I’ve just added a rule so that the lead fleet will to retreat to the nearest friendly planet with a shipyard if it’s bombing power goes below a certain level, but that’s not really what I want to happen. What I want is it to hold its position until it’s bombing power goes up, or a retreat to the nearest friendly planet regardless of it having a shipyard. I could try setting the fleet to retreat to [Specific Fleet: Itself], but I’d have to set that manually and wouldn’t work for admiral-created fleets.

So retreat options I’d like to see added:
[nearest friendly planet]
[hold position]

the only thing is it’s not really ‘retreating’ if you hold your position, so maybe ‘Retreat’ could change to ‘Make’ if you select [hold position]

eg:
Make entire lead ship cluster hold position when bombing-firepower is lower than 30000

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Earendel: 23.03.2009 11:57.

23.03.2009 11:56 Earendel is offline Send an Email to Earendel Homepage of Earendel Search for Posts by Earendel Add Earendel to your Buddy List
Lost Cause Player-Rank: 2 Lost Cause is a male
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

images/avatars/avatar-81.jpg

Registration Date: 30.05.2007

I want the same thing for the scout admiral Big Grin
having a small group of scouts shoot around a cluster of systems never heading into those systems would be great.
it would avoid the whole thing of people placing ships at their sun ready to attack anything going in system Big Grin

23.03.2009 14:18 Lost Cause is offline Send an Email to Lost Cause Search for Posts by Lost Cause Add Lost Cause to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lost Cause
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

Those additional retreat options sound reasonable. I'll add them to the todo list.
26.03.2009 23:08 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Suggestions » Admirals

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH