Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » The Klarsh » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Klarsh
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
packyk Player-Rank: 1 packyk is a male
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

images/avatars/avatar-567.gif

Registration Date: 08.02.2008

The Klarsh Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes, I did take this idea from Uriel Septim.

This is a recording of the known histories and description of my civilization. It may be a long read but I hope it is worrth it, and not just a waste of your time.

The Klarsh

Description

The Klarsh are a race of humanoid organisms approx. 7’ tall and very thin. They can also be identified by their grey-green skin and near-black irises. Their legs are slightly too long to be in proportion with there bodies, which allows for much faster travel over uneven terrain than would be possible for a human of the same size. Almost like a trade-off the muscular strength in their lower bodies is much decreased in proportion to a human of the same size. In most other ways The Klarsh are almost human in appearance.

Histories

---------------
Pre-Launch
---------------
Approx. 500 years ago the Klarsh were very similar to the humans of Earth Year(EY) AD 2000, but do to a discovery of a stable, high energy, fuel source, they were able to create the first trans-system shuttle for their species nearly 1000 years before humans would create even leave earth, for permanent settlements established on Mars. This marked the beginning of a new age for The Klarsh. They marked this as the year 0 After Launch (AL).
---------------
Early Years
---------------
By the year 126 AL The Klarsh had established themselves in over thirty different systems and on over eighty different planets. In the process they inadvertently destroyed their home-world, Klard, so mining for fuel and so mining operations began on all of these other planets in order to keep their ships operating, but when Klard began to become uninhabitable a new movement arose, dedicated to the control of this mining and restoration of Klard. They began to bring together the beginning of a true galactic government, and began limiting the mines in how much they could produce and where they could mine. By the year 167 AL this new government had begun to take root and create galactic laws for their species, but many did not agree with this new control and began to band together and fight back against this new government. They were comprised mainly of miners and mine operators, though many others who enjoyed the years of freedom provided by the chaos of exploration and expansion joined up as well. So they too earned their place in the galactic politics and for some time there was galactic peace.
-----------
Pre-War
-----------
In the year 573 AL they came across another galactic civilization(which is given a name in no known records) and quickly began to establish contact, but this caused another split within the politics of The Klarsh. Many believed we should crush this potential threat before it could become one, while other believed that if we allied them we would be all the stronger for it. The latter group created the majority of the galactic council at that time and so contact was established. But the first group was sadly a large portion of their population, and so they began to plan for a way to remove them from the galaxy before the council gave away too many technologies and military secrets.
------------
Civil War
------------
Only a few weeks later the galactic council was assaulted while in session and the ones against the contact with this species attempted to take control of their empire by force and were surprised with much resistance. Not prepared to give up they fought this war for nearly 200 years, during which time contact with this other species was lost and any members of it inside their territory were killed brutally if they didn’t leave fast enough. After about ten years the war had merely become a struggle for control of ship fuel and the mines that produced it. Over the next fifteen years the war raged on and many planets were stripped bare of their resources and abandoned because they were uninhabitable. At the end the individual planets had become separate and lost communication with one another. Most planets the war ended up killing all inhabitants, on others the continued attempt to use ships desolated the planet. In almost all cases the entire population of these planets died off.
-------------
Post-War
-------------
Only one of planets actually had a victory that didn’t destroy the planet. This planet’s pre-war name has been forgotten, but is now called New Klard. The survivors had been on the side of interspecies contact, but by this time they considered that unimportant, rather they were merely focusing on reestablishing a government and surviving on this planet. Much of the knowledge they were able to obtain as a species was lost since it was no longer useful. The only pieces of information they made sure were not forgotten was how to make inter-system ships and that regulating the mining of the fuel must be controlled. By the year 834 AL a new attempt was made at galactic expansion, starting a new era again. This was marked as year 0 Second Launch (SL).

28.06.2009 03:33 packyk is offline Send an Email to packyk Search for Posts by packyk Add packyk to your Buddy List
Uriel Septim Player-Rank: 2 Uriel Septim is a male
Puts Shields on Colony Ships

images/avatars/avatar-478.jpg

Registration Date: 14.05.2009

RE: The Klarsh Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by packyk

You and everyone else is welcome to use the idea. I kind of made that text to promote people to take advantage of the "faction" systemSmile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Uriel Septim: 28.06.2009 14:36.

28.06.2009 14:35 Uriel Septim is offline Send an Email to Uriel Septim Search for Posts by Uriel Septim Add Uriel Septim to your Buddy List
Nongolf Player-Rank: 3 Nongolf is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-1040.gif

Registration Date: 29.09.2007

RE: The Klarsh Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
This is a recording of the known histories and description of my civilization. It may be a long read but I hope it is worrth it, and not just a waste of your time.

Not a waste at all. I rather enjoyed it Smile
28.06.2009 15:24 Nongolf is offline Send an Email to Nongolf Search for Posts by Nongolf Add Nongolf to your Buddy List
stabby Player-Rank: 2 stabby is a male

images/avatars/avatar-437.jpg

Registration Date: 12.12.2007

quote:
Originally posted by Uriel Septim
quote:
Originally posted by packyk

You and everyone else is welcome to use the idea. I kind of made that text to promote people to take advantage of the "faction" systemSmile

28.06.2009 15:47 stabby is offline Send an Email to stabby Homepage of stabby Search for Posts by stabby Add stabby to your Buddy List

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Stabby I dont get it?
28.06.2009 18:01 Uriel Septim is offline Send an Email to Uriel Septim Search for Posts by Uriel Septim Add Uriel Septim to your Buddy List

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Stabby I dont get it?

Me neither. I see a 'K', perhaps for Klarsh. Otherwise the stabster has me confuzzled as well. Confused
28.06.2009 18:28 Nongolf is offline Send an Email to Nongolf Search for Posts by Nongolf Add Nongolf to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by Nongolf
quote:
Stabby I dont get it?

Me neither. I see a 'K', perhaps for Klarsh. Otherwise the stabster has me confuzzled as well. Confused

http://www.kopimi.com/kopimi/
the stabster eh? I like that one

28.06.2009 19:43 stabby is offline Send an Email to stabby Homepage of stabby Search for Posts by stabby Add stabby to your Buddy List

Well I still dont get itTongue
28.06.2009 19:45 Uriel Septim is offline Send an Email to Uriel Septim Search for Posts by Uriel Septim Add Uriel Septim to your Buddy List

Its a Kopimi (or copyme) stating that You want to be copied, or modified

28.06.2009 20:20 stabby is offline Send an Email to stabby Homepage of stabby Search for Posts by stabby Add stabby to your Buddy List

Neat. The geek is great, notice his shirt. Roll Eyes
I'm goona use him! Big Grin
28.06.2009 20:40 Nongolf is offline Send an Email to Nongolf Search for Posts by Nongolf Add Nongolf to your Buddy List

Ehh...I dont get it?

(ok I did get itBig Grin )
28.06.2009 20:57 Uriel Septim is offline Send an Email to Uriel Septim Search for Posts by Uriel Septim Add Uriel Septim to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by Nongolf
Neat. The geek is great, notice his shirt. Roll Eyes
I'm goona use him! Big Grin

You mean that guy:

28.06.2009 22:09 stabby is offline Send an Email to stabby Homepage of stabby Search for Posts by stabby Add stabby to your Buddy List

Yup. That's the guy. He's even more of a geek than I am. A Geek God (as opposed to a Greek Wink )
28.06.2009 22:30 Nongolf is offline Send an Email to Nongolf Search for Posts by Nongolf Add Nongolf to your Buddy List
packyk Player-Rank: 1 packyk is a male
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

images/avatars/avatar-567.gif

Registration Date: 08.02.2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by packyk

Sick. That is realy sick.
Don't click on the pictures on kopimi.

And thanks for the feedback on this 'faction history'.

29.06.2009 05:03 packyk is offline Send an Email to packyk Search for Posts by packyk Add packyk to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » The Klarsh

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH