Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Bug Reports » reputation glitch » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page reputation glitch
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
UnitedNationsSpaceCommand Player-Rank: 2
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

images/avatars/avatar-705.jpg

Registration Date: 27.05.2008

reputation glitch Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

During turn 327 my frigates destroyed one of felinicos firgates however i did not gain any rep for this as it said

i did not gain any rep because i defended against him

but i do remeber giving the attack order and this was the 1st time i atked his ships

this is very strange it has never happened before... is this due to a change in game mechanics?

Space strategy game
space strategy game
05.07.2009 10:06 UnitedNationsSpaceCommand is offline Send an Email to UnitedNationsSpaceCommand Search for Posts by UnitedNationsSpaceCommand Add UnitedNationsSpaceCommand to your Buddy List
Lost Cause Player-Rank: 2 Lost Cause is a male
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

images/avatars/avatar-81.jpg

Registration Date: 30.05.2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Actualy, I blew up some of neo's shuttles and got the little message that I gained +0 rep at the bottom of the battlereport,
but the diplomacy screen says I should have gailed over +7 and actualy still says it, even though this should have counted as the opening battle no?
I have been informed twice now that I gained +0 rep from attacking neo :(

05.07.2009 10:43 Lost Cause is offline Send an Email to Lost Cause Search for Posts by Lost Cause Add Lost Cause to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lost Cause
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My guess is that erwin implemented the feature where you have to destroy more then one ship...or destroy a certain percentage of his power. or something...dont know the exact figure.

05.07.2009 12:43 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Lost Cause Player-Rank: 2 Lost Cause is a male
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

images/avatars/avatar-81.jpg

Registration Date: 30.05.2007

4 destroyed in one turn
7 in another
3 in another

tick happened.
9 ships destroyed
+0 rep

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lost Cause: 05.07.2009 12:51.

05.07.2009 12:48 Lost Cause is offline Send an Email to Lost Cause Search for Posts by Lost Cause Add Lost Cause to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lost Cause
Nongolf Player-Rank: 3 Nongolf is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1040.gif

Registration Date: 29.09.2007

quote:
Originally posted by chrisadamley
My guess is that erwin implemented the feature where you have to destroy more then one ship...or destroy a certain percentage of his power. or something...dont know the exact figure.

I believe he told us as much, also asking us to report stuff like this (that doesn't seem right, whether they are or not). As CA says, those shuttles, taken as separate combats, probably doesn't make up large enough part of your fleet to be significant.
05.07.2009 13:24 Nongolf is offline Send an Email to Nongolf Search for Posts by Nongolf Add Nongolf to your Buddy List
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

That is exactly what is happening: the number of destroyed ship-units is not significant enough. If you destroy a handful of shuttles of an empire with huge fleets, that battle is not counted as significant, and no reputation is rewarded as a result.

The current tooltip you receive is out-dated, and does not reflect what is actually happening. I have improved that tooltip in the current version.
05.07.2009 13:31 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List
inerz Player-Rank: 3
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

Registration Date: 21.06.2009

another possible bug/me_no_understandy_how report:

galaxy 17
turn 455
battle at sun 2/0/2

my ships attack Cardius (who declared war on me some time ago and i took a planet of his with no rep penalty) and Psyconio (with whom im neutral, but he is probably allied with Cardius).

My ships were on defense admiral set to intercept single hostile ships.
I dont even understand why psyconios unarmed ship assisted cardius's ship. Since this battle didnt take place on a planet but in orbit of a sun.
I kill one scout from both players and i get -5.16rep.

Not that the rep actually matters for that game, seems pretty much everyone is inactive in that galaxy.

Just curious if im missing something here.

This post has been edited 4.8E30 time(s), it was last edited by inerz: Today, 18:55.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9-1uDF8bPo
12.07.2009 19:19 inerz is offline Send an Email to inerz Search for Posts by inerz Add inerz to your Buddy List

I usually end up confusing even myself with these questions, but my thinking is that your ship was scout hunting, this would be the aggressor in the battle. Their ships are parked alongside a sun (or arrive at the same turn).

You then attack the hostile ship of Cardius, and his ally jumps to his defence. But you're still the aggressor, you lose the rep. If you had not been in a state of war with Cardius' ally, he wouldn't have helped (and thus incurred no penalty, obviously).

I think that's what happened.

Edit: Cantankery

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Nongolf: 12.07.2009 19:31.

12.07.2009 19:30 Nongolf is offline Send an Email to Nongolf Search for Posts by Nongolf Add Nongolf to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

erm, it is a bit confusing.

i was at war with Cardius. The first battle for rep was already behind us.

i was not at war with Psyconio. I think i got the rep hit from him, although this further muddled by the fact that its turn 455 and killing 1 scout counted as significant enough to cause a rep hit.

This post has been edited 4.8E30 time(s), it was last edited by inerz: Today, 18:55.

12.07.2009 19:34 inerz is offline Send an Email to inerz Search for Posts by inerz Add inerz to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

hmm

i think Psyconio (neutral to me) might have had his ship following Cardius' scout. And thats why it participated in the battle.

Rep-wise it feels a bit like entrapment to me : )

12.07.2009 19:35 inerz is offline Send an Email to inerz Search for Posts by inerz Add inerz to your Buddy List
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

Cardius and Psyconio were allied with each other - you attacked one of them, the other player helped defend his ally (since he was neutral to you). That part is correct. You did not gain/lose and rep since you had your significant battle with Cardius already behind you.

quote:
Originally posted by inerz
...this further muddled by the fact that its turn 455 and killing 1 scout counted as significant enough to cause a rep hit.

You do lose reputation for destroying pretty much anything, even a single shuttle at turn 455. However, you can only gain if the amount of ships you destroyed is indeed significant.

Having said all that, I do agree that you should not have lost reputation for attacking a "allied bystander", because you never ordered to attack that neutral player, and you did not even know that the two of them were allied. I need to make sure that case is covered in the reputation code...
12.07.2009 20:32 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List

quote:
You do lose reputation for destroying pretty much anything, even a single shuttle at turn 455. However, you can only gain if the amount of ships you destroyed is indeed significant.

You might just penalize players that destoy that significant amount of units. Seems only fair to me.
12.07.2009 21:04 Nongolf is offline Send an Email to Nongolf Search for Posts by Nongolf Add Nongolf to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

i think it makes sense the way it is.
just the -rep entrapment is a bit off

12.07.2009 21:23 inerz is offline Send an Email to inerz Search for Posts by inerz Add inerz to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Bug Reports » reputation glitch

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH