Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Suggestions » Diplomacy Futures » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Diplomacy Futures
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bob_ninja Player-Rank: 3
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

Registration Date: 23.02.2007

Diplomacy Futures Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This enhacement idea regards Diplomacy and is not urgent, can wait.
I like Diplomacy feature and the reputation penalty for breaking agreements. Great stuff! The current design could still be enhanced. I learned of a scenario whereby an agreement was broken without reputation penalty because it could not be registered in the system.

Smaller player Joe makes an agreement with a bigger player Chuck to exchange some planets. They agree to have Joe declare war on Chuck, then each player attacks/takes the appropriate planet. Then they declare peace.

Diplomacy allows registration of war agreement but doesn't allow registration of the FUTURE peace agreement. They need to register both present war as well as future (say in 10 turns) peace, as a single transaction. That way Chuck is obliged to halt attackes after the exchange.

As it is, Chuck reneged on the 2nd part of the agreement and proceeded with attacks against other Joe's planets. That way he managed to avoid the usual reputation penalty for attacking a smaller player.
14.03.2007 13:58 bob_ninja is offline Send an Email to bob_ninja Search for Posts by bob_ninja Add bob_ninja to your Buddy List
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well i say to bad for joe Roll Eyes

14.03.2007 16:06 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Astax2 Player-Rank: 2 Astax2 is a male

Registration Date: 28.02.2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah i say too bad for Joe as well. The reason you can't just give a player your planets is because it's cheesy. Trying to find a way around it, like you have is cheesy too. So when something goes wrong with your deal, that's jsut too bad in my opinion.

14.03.2007 16:10 Astax2 is offline Send an Email to Astax2 Search for Posts by Astax2 Add Astax2 to your Buddy List Add Astax2 to your Contact List
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

like what i have done is if i discover a new system that nobodys in then ill take some planets and maybe give my good allies the last too...but i dont colonize it then tell them to take it over...

14.03.2007 16:21 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Rismagi Player-Rank: 3 Rismagi is a male
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

images/avatars/avatar-326.jpg

Registration Date: 08.11.2006

http://www.spaceciv.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=752
http://www.spaceciv.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=816&page=3

I think giving/trading planets must be introduced, sooner or later. Reason is in the first post. There are other ways to do it Smile always..

Maybe this limitations will help:

1. Enemies are able to demand/offer/exchange planets;
1.1. Demand of planet from player can be considered as first act of violence for player who proposed it. So more powerful player will take reputation penalty, even no ship is destroyed in this war. Weaker player will not recieve positive reputation thought;
1.2. Demand of planet is posible only with peace proposal;
1.3. Player can demand no more than 10% of overal number of planets from player (per treaty);
2. Allies are able to exchange planets;
2.1. Treaty must me active or proposed with;
2.2. Number of offered and demanded planets must be equal;

With corruption system trading of planets will not give the same profit as earlier. Also "conquireng" corruption working in this case too will be for good too.

At any case I don't think it is first priority thought. Now, more than any other fetures, I am wating other diplomacy treaties that give allies advantage over single player Roll Eyes

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Rismagi: 14.03.2007 19:17.

14.03.2007 19:16 Rismagi is offline Send an Email to Rismagi Search for Posts by Rismagi Add Rismagi to your Buddy List
bob_ninja Player-Rank: 3

Registration Date: 23.02.2007

Thread Starter Thread Started by bob_ninja

Didn't happen to me. I grew up in a communist country where promises are "cheap" and pretty much worthless Wink

Astax2, they were trying to exchange planets, so Rismagi's propsal would take care of it.

Besides simple planet exchange, this feature would allow for more complex deals. It would become more interesting later in a game, say when alliances are formed. You could say to an ally, help me attack BigEvilDude at system 111, but I only need your help for initial 20 turn assualt phase. Thereafter you go back to peace and I collect his planets.

Just making stuff up here. There could be all sorts of scenarios.

Like I said, it is not urgent, can wait. Heck, I am roadkill in G9 so doesn't affect me.
14.03.2007 20:24 bob_ninja is offline Send an Email to bob_ninja Search for Posts by bob_ninja Add bob_ninja to your Buddy List
Wyke Player-Rank: 1 Wyke is a male
Has Speed 5 Frigates

Registration Date: 10.03.2007

All that is needed is a simple routine to let players swap or give planets, or even ships to another player, then the need for war is negated.

For many people, the draw of games like SC is the player interaction, diplomacy, with e-mail flying about between players with each turn.

Players on their own will be aqble to complicate the diplomatic side of things no end, so in game diplomatic routines need to be kept as simple as possible.
15.03.2007 10:00 Wyke is offline Send an Email to Wyke Search for Posts by Wyke Add Wyke to your Buddy List
Licho Player-Rank: 2
Arms Farmers, and Farms Armor

Registration Date: 26.02.2006

I would like to see "permanent" alliances with shared intel info and huge penalties for breaking it.

In galaxy 8 I was giving planets to my weaker allys by allowing them to take them. It works, but the red color freaks me out Smile
15.03.2007 17:45 Licho is offline Send an Email to Licho Search for Posts by Licho Add Licho to your Buddy List
Umballer Player-Rank: 2
Has Speed 5 Frigates

Registration Date: 03.02.2007

Can I have some, Licho? Tongue

15.03.2007 22:41 Umballer is offline Send an Email to Umballer Search for Posts by Umballer Add Umballer to your Buddy List
Licho Player-Rank: 2
Arms Farmers, and Farms Armor

Registration Date: 26.02.2006

Sure, tbh honest I think that galaxy 8 is finished and can be closed soon :-)
I dont have anything to research..
Nath and Mad Hatter are defeated ..

If you want some planets you can still try to take directly from then if you have fast ships.
I have two fleets, first has 30 last planets of mad hatter inqueue, second has about 23 planets of Nath in the queue (other Nath planets are targetted by Enkoli)

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Licho: 16.03.2007 02:23.

16.03.2007 02:22 Licho is offline Send an Email to Licho Search for Posts by Licho Add Licho to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Suggestions » Diplomacy Futures

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH