Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Atlantis Team Galaxy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Atlantis Team Galaxy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
raf7 Player-Rank: 4
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-791.jpg

Registration Date: 14.05.2009

Atlantis Team Galaxy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi everybody,

I have prepared a Private Team Galaxy to be played with small Teams and with some special conditions and rules. The intention is to, as much as possible, create good grounds for a fun game. Here is the general idea...

1. Participation
The idea is to have a good game for all who participate, and for that we need to establish some conditions that regulate who signs up. Ideally, we want a good game environment with healthy mood, and active players with some skill. The basic filtering process should be something along the lines of Multi-TG events, with emphasis on the following:

a) Maturity. Respect all others, participate with fairplay, and always consider the colective good as priority. We want good mood, and encourage healthy, light hearted, good-humoured interaction between Teams for the duration of the galaxies.

b) Activity. Only players with good activity records in their participation on CS Team events will participate. All who wish to participate should be able to login with reasonable frequency (roughly, at the very least twice a day, depending on role).

c) Skill. Generally speaking, we want rank 2 and up, and prior participation on a CS Team event.

With a) being clearly the most important.

2. Favorable conditions for Teamwork
Here are some basic settings that intend to create favorable conditions for Teamwork to emerge:

a) Small Teams. Teams with 5/7 elements as maximum, as a way to simplify the creation of internal interactions.

b) Moderate Game Pace.: 2h ticks since the beggining.

c) Peace during the 100 first turns. During the first 100 turns of the game, ships are only allowed to fly inside each Team borders, including scouts and settlers, who can only colonize in their half of the galaxy. This allows both Teams to setup in a protected environment and to minimize the impact of random initial locations. For instance, players with higher levels of activity can colonize forward, and even a player with a frontline HQ can eventually consider playing a support role.

d) Equal fame points for each Team. All active members of each respective Team will be awarded the same amount of points: players on the victorious Team receive 50 fame points, and the players on the losing side receive 25 fame points.

3. Team Formation and initial Balance
We form the player list by Forum signup, and distribute the players as evenly as we can. Either we do it together or we nominate two Captains to do it. Both Teams are presented at the Forum before the game begins. Any abnormal events (for instance, RL situations) that lead to a clear initial imbalance are dealt by all of us with good common sense. Whether we reset the game or play on or whatever, we do it calmly, understanding that preserving a good environment is prioritary.

Comments

- I have a more detailed text prepared, but decided to keep it simple on this first try and see how it goes. The idea could be to create these Atlantis TG on a regular basis. Also, we could aim for the formation of stable Teams, and link them with the CS Cup idea and the MTG, opening space for a good mutual synergy around all these Team events.

- I want to reinforce that my main focus is to create a protected environment where we can play with good mood and mutual respect. This is the main reason why I tagged the galaxy as Private. We certainly keep our will to win, but play with a light heart, remembering that results are secondary to colective fun and mutual respect.

The galaxy is ready. I have been waiting to see if the MTG-3 sets sail or not. Since a small Team Galaxy was even suggested as alternative, I decided to step forward with this idea now. The Atlantis TG current date is set for next month, but we can talk about it and see if it makes sense to antecipate it. Actually, I am willing to try it even with something as a 3 vs 3.

Who would like to participate?

15.09.2011 01:46 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 3 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd be up for it.. Actually I suggested the small 5 on 5 team galaxy with your private galaxy in mind.. trying to put players whom i think can work well with each other on the same team.. but it probably wasn't fair cause i was drafting from the pool of the multiteam, so we'll start a new signup.. maybe this time the ideological divide between the teams could be "i have fun when im winning" vs "i win when im having fun".. we could use something like this after the pressure some of the players went through in the last TG..

Anyway, with regards to rule 2c.. I'm one of those guys who usually sends interceptors into enemy territory to frustrate the opponents early.. and I'm willing to give that up for the first 100 turns so I think anyone else can accept it too.. But if someone sends a colony ship deep into my territory (like beyond the first line of systems) - I still get to blast it up, right? :p - I can agree to not send my interceptors into the other half of the galaxy.. that wouldnt be a problem as part of the gentleman's agreement..

15.09.2011 03:09 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Scurvyllama Player-Rank: 3
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-1120.jpg

Registration Date: 15.05.2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tingling
Anyway, with regards to rule 2c.. I'm one of those guys who usually sends interceptors into enemy territory to frustrate the opponents early.. and I'm willing to give that up for the first 100 turns so I think anyone else can accept it too.. But if someone sends a colony ship deep into my territory (like beyond the first line of systems) - I still get to blast it up, right? :p - I can agree to not send my interceptors into the other half of the galaxy.. that wouldnt be a problem as part of the gentleman's agreement..

According to rule 2c they can't send a colony ship into your territory

"During the first 100 turns of the game, ships are only allowed to fly inside each Team borders"
This means absolutely no ships can pass the 'borders' during the first 100 turns.
So if a enemy does break the rules and passes the border, I think you can feel free to blast it up. Then again, I guess it is best not to assume, Raf(if he wishes to do so) might want to add a rule such as "If any enemy ships enter your team's territory you have the right to use hostile actions against said ships" Then again that might lead to someone leading your ships into their territory so they can apply that very rule and attack your ships. I'm not too worried, I believe 1a should prevent any of this nonsense, but best to be safe rather than sorry, right?

But this leads me to a question, where exactly are the borders? Is there any absolute defined way we can label the border in the space between the teams? I wouldn't want a situation where someone says "I thought this was the border" or even worse someone abusing the ambiguity and then just saying "Whoops, didn't know that was the border." Anyways, rule 1a should prevent the latter case but I could see the former case happening quite easily.

15.09.2011 08:47 Scurvyllama is offline Send an Email to Scurvyllama Search for Posts by Scurvyllama Add Scurvyllama to your Buddy List
xmer Player-Rank: 2
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

images/avatars/avatar-752.gif

Registration Date: 25.01.2010

@tingling 2c.
Sending Colony Ships to oponent half is not allowed by rules. So you don't have to build/research fighters to blast them.

15.09.2011 08:48 xmer is offline Send an Email to xmer Search for Posts by xmer Add xmer to your Buddy List
Confused Player-Rank: 2 Confused is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-801.jpg

Registration Date: 14.07.2009

consider me signed up Big Grin

15.09.2011 11:00 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List

@Scurvyllama
Border is quite simple. Half Sectors belong to Red and half to Blue.
All systems(one per sector) with coords from 0 to X/2-1 /Y/Z belongs to one team and systems with coords X/2 to X-1 /Y/Z belongs to other Team.

A person that break rules should take any penalty requested by oposing depending on done damage.

Penalties should vary from(most unintentional actions made by mistake with minor/no effect):
- dismantle ship
- develop planet and leave it undefended till someone take it.

Through(unintentional actions with severe effect, intentional actions with minor effect):

- Gold/Resources contribution paid in 10 turns.
- Contribution in multiple planets in oponent half.

To(intentional actions with severe or major effect, ex. building trooper and conquering planets on oponent side):
- Removing player from galaxy and contribution.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by xmer: 15.09.2011 11:46.

15.09.2011 11:27 xmer is offline Send an Email to xmer Search for Posts by xmer Add xmer to your Buddy List
Scurvyllama Player-Rank: 3

images/avatars/avatar-1120.jpg

Registration Date: 15.05.2008

ok, I know that but... what about the space between these system?
Are just going to declare it a no mans land?

15.09.2011 11:44 Scurvyllama is offline Send an Email to Scurvyllama Search for Posts by Scurvyllama Add Scurvyllama to your Buddy List

Generally....
Your ships have to be always closer to your team systems than oponent systems.
There might be some issues depending on system distribution... but well... that's general rule.

15.09.2011 11:55 xmer is offline Send an Email to xmer Search for Posts by xmer Add xmer to your Buddy List
Nongolf Player-Rank: 3 Nongolf is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1040.gif

Registration Date: 29.09.2007

RE: Atlantis Team Galaxy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by raf7
d) Equal fame points for each Team. All active members of each respective Team will be awarded the same amount of points: players on the victorious Team receive 50 fame points, and the players on the losing side receive 25 fame points.

Sadly, this will not be possible. Crying

Re: Borders:
How about something hard and fast: All ships must keep a distance to any sun in enemy territory greater than 100 units.

Something like that. Should be easy enough to make a rule about this that isn't ambiguous.

In any case, I'm in Big Grin
15.09.2011 17:56 Nongolf is offline Send an Email to Nongolf Search for Posts by Nongolf Add Nongolf to your Buddy List

Well... To keep it simple...
1. Don't enter enemy sectors
2. don't come closer than 100 than any oponent sun

15.09.2011 18:11 xmer is offline Send an Email to xmer Search for Posts by xmer Add xmer to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Thread Starter Thread Started by raf7

quote:

c) Peace during the 100 first turns. During the first 100 turns of the game, ships are only allowed to fly inside each Team borders, including scouts and settlers, who can only colonize in their half of the galaxy. This allows both Teams to setup in a protected environment and to minimize the impact of random initial locations. For instance, players with higher levels of activity can colonize forward, and even a player with a frontline HQ can eventually consider playing a support role.

To define the initial Team borders we simply consider each side's frontline systems. Ships can only 'Move to' planets and suns from these systems (settlers can of course colonize), and this is the furthest they can fly forward until turn 100. Notice that this rule also helps to dissipate the effect of initial (hyper) activity levels. With this, moderately active frontliners can still colonize and be prepared. In other words, the first part of the game becomes more skill oriented than login oriented.

Answer to Llama: Yes, we declare the space between opposite frontline systems no man's land until turn 100.

quote:
Originally posted by Nongolf
quote:

Sadly, this will not be possible. Crying

Ah, but I have received encouraging words from Master Erwin on this matter! Wink

I would like to bring up another topic that I forgot to mention on the initial post. We have observed that biobombing is probably too powerful on Team Galaxy games, favoring destructive scorched earch tactics. And equal fame points for all players on each Team would make this matter even more delicate. So, here is rule 2.e), to be included in section 2:

2.e) The minimum allowed reputation for any player is -2,5. Each player is allowed a maximum 25 biobombing runs. With this, biobombing becomes a strategic option, rather than a generalized procedure. This also appeals for Team coordination.

Atlantis TG - Sign up list
(maximum number of seats = 14)

1. raf7
2. tingling
3. Confused
4. Nongolf

15.09.2011 18:13 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
darthblade Player-Rank: 2 darthblade is a male
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

images/avatars/avatar-1052.jpg

Registration Date: 23.06.2010

This "border" idea looks nice, it may even be funny to see how it works after turn 100. Massive fleets and dozens of scouting ships facing each other, border incidents, stelath missions to bypass the enemy fleet/ scouts... ;p

15.09.2011 18:19 darthblade is offline Send an Email to darthblade Homepage of darthblade Search for Posts by darthblade Add darthblade to your Buddy List
mizzihood Player-Rank: 4 mizzihood is a male
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1137.gif

Registration Date: 04.10.2009

1. raf7
2. tingling
3. Confused
4. Nongolf
5. Mizzihood
15.09.2011 18:29 mizzihood is offline Send an Email to mizzihood Homepage of mizzihood Search for Posts by mizzihood Add mizzihood to your Buddy List

1. raf7
2. tingling
3. Confused
4. Nongolf
5. Mizzihood
6. xmer

15.09.2011 18:47 xmer is offline Send an Email to xmer Search for Posts by xmer Add xmer to your Buddy List
Sygor Player-Rank: 3

images/avatars/avatar-1142.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

1. raf7
2. tingling
3. Confused
4. Nongolf
5. Mizzihood
6. xmer
7. Sygor
15.09.2011 23:05 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List

quote:
2.e) The minimum allowed reputation for any player is -2,5. Each player is allowed a maximum 25 biobombing runs. With this, biobombing becomes a strategic option, rather than a generalized procedure. This also appeals for Team coordination.

Awesome idea. Let's also limit number of PF per player to 25 so it will be strategic option to defend planet with PF instead of generalized procedure.

Biobombing is only way to overcome troop defence without taking race bonus on troopers and Elite.

On the other hand we can limit PF to 2 on planet and limit biobombing to 2 per battle per player per turn, so noone will be able to instantly purge planets to 0 (unless whole team biobomb planet at same time, but this is all about coordination)

Also note that in this galaxy number of players is quite limited and impact of -rep will be quite severe.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by xmer: 16.09.2011 00:03.

15.09.2011 23:59 xmer is offline Send an Email to xmer Search for Posts by xmer Add xmer to your Buddy List
ZodRau Player-Rank: 2 ZodRau is a male
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

images/avatars/avatar-976.gif

Registration Date: 06.01.2011

1. raf7
2. tingling
3. Confused
4. Nongolf
5. Mizzihood
6. xmer
7. Sygor
8. ZodRau
16.09.2011 01:33 ZodRau is offline Send an Email to ZodRau Search for Posts by ZodRau Add ZodRau to your Buddy List
nutnik Player-Rank: 2 nutnik is a male
Has Speed 5 Frigates

images/avatars/avatar-749.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

1. raf7
2. tingling
3. Confused
4. Nongolf
5. Mizzihood
6. xmer
7. Sygor
8. ZodRau
9. Nutnik
16.09.2011 06:45 nutnik is offline Send an Email to nutnik Search for Posts by nutnik Add nutnik to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Thread Starter Thread Started by raf7

I have reset the starting date for the 23rd of September (next Friday), and I am going to ask Erwin to open the galaxy for our sign up. Meanwhile, we continue with the Forum sign up, and set the Teams. We need two Captains, whose basic mission is just to set the draft list according to what we decide here, and be the spokesman during the game. With small Teams, I guess the Captain's role can finally be this simple!

How about tingling and Confused as Captains? Big Grin

And how about this to announce the event?

Atlantis TG: Can there be bliss in a good fight?

For centuries the Cosmic society forgot about the deep stuff that is the true essence of things. Senseless wars and blind greed stormed the galaxies, filling them with hatred, fear and stress. Great Empires too often fell to the twisted might of ignorance, and a question begun to emerge: how can we fight good battles, and win the respect of the Great Warriors whether in victory or defeat? And when enough hearts longed for the answer, the voices of Ancient Atlanteans arrived as a whisper of hope, with revelations of the true faces of power: Courage, Honor, Respect and Love. Empires gathered around this Wisdom, and decided to fight a traditional Battle of two Teams as an affirmation of these values and as a token of gratitude to the spirit of Atlantis.

The Atlantis TG is set to start its 2 hour ticks on Friday, the 23rd of September 2011 at 18:00 CET. The participation on this galaxy is reserved for ranked players (rank 2 and up), and it requires a Forum sign up and the acknowledgement of special rules and conditions. For more information please visit the forum thread.

quote:
Originally posted by xmer
quote:

Biobombing is only way to overcome troop defence without taking race bonus on troopers and Elite.

Yes, you do have a point xmer. 25 biobomb runs is still a good number though, and I would not like to mess with any other limits (PF's or bio-runs per tick). However, as you point out, this could destabilize the overall balance, namely affecting how powerful troop defense and PD are.

Mizzi, Nongolf, Llama, everybody, what do you think about this?
I still prefer to simply set -2,5 rep limit and give it a try, but would like to hear your opinions and decide together.

1. raf7
2. tingling
3. Confused
4. Nongolf
5. Mizzihood
6. xmer
7. Sygor
8. ZodRau
9. Nutnik

16.09.2011 15:35 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 3 tingling is a male

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

I don't mind being captain.. but I'm not very good at being a spokesperson to be honest.. so if I can just be involved in the team selection process only (which we're doing here right?) but not in actually leading the team or speaking on behalf.. that would be cooler from my point of view.. but if I have to lead.. then it'd be cool too.. just have to figure out what they call the king of atlantis :p

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tingling: 16.09.2011 15:56.

16.09.2011 15:55 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Atlantis Team Galaxy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH