Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Suggestions » Manual Delay » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Manual Delay
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mustachio Player-Rank: 1
Puts Shields on Colony Ships

Registration Date: 26.12.2006

Manual Delay Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know that an admiral can tell ships to wait for other ships to arrive before attacking, but that leaves them a bit in the open.

I think a lot of time and fleet related issues could be solved, and attacks could become more co-ordinated, if we were able to delay the amount of turns it would take a fleet to reach a certain point.

just as minor example:

Both fleets have a speed of 20
The target is 400 distance from the first fleet and 600 distance from the second

Its going to take the first fleet 20 turns to get there and the second fleet 30.

After i send the first fleet there the option to delay my fleet would "pop-up" and i could delay it 10 turns, to meet my second fleet, at the target, at the same turn.

Now, specificaly what i had in mind about the "pop-up", was not a "pop-up" at all lol. I just wanted to create a mental image Tongue .
However, every single time you send a ship, or fleet to any destination, in the Ships screen it is going to show you how long its going to take to get there. Would it be easy to incorporate a new heading beside the ETA titled, Delay, and upon you clicking the square that corresponds to the ship you would like to delay, you would input the amount of turns to delay and then it affects the ETA. This way you can just simply match the ETA of the ship or fleet your interested in meeting, be it friend or foe.
31.03.2007 18:46 Mustachio is offline Send an Email to Mustachio Search for Posts by Mustachio Add Mustachio to your Buddy List
quickstrike Player-Rank: 2 quickstrike is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-327.gif

Registration Date: 04.01.2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This topic has already been suggested.

http://www.cosmicsupremacy.com/forum/thr...p?threadid=1008

Moderator: I suggest you close this thread and warn the user for spamming the boards. Any further spamming will result in cancellation of his account.

(of course..I'm joking Wink )

Minkis
Kazagistar
Skinnyloser
JamesChristo
Satai

31.03.2007 21:18 quickstrike is offline Send an Email to quickstrike Search for Posts by quickstrike Add quickstrike to your Buddy List
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Fortunately no moderator around Tongue

This request is indeed listed on the todo list already.
31.03.2007 22:45 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List
Mustachio Player-Rank: 1
Puts Shields on Colony Ships

Registration Date: 26.12.2006

Thread Starter Thread Started by Mustachio
lol Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well, im embarressed.

but may i inquire as to how you plan to set up the delay, because, and now this is a personal opinion, but i think it'll be much more efficient if we do it the way i've described than, perhaps through admirals. Its just i see myself makeing 50 admirals later in the game, just to time my ships.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Mustachio: 01.04.2007 02:26.

01.04.2007 02:24 Mustachio is offline Send an Email to Mustachio Search for Posts by Mustachio Add Mustachio to your Buddy List
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

The easiest to implement (since the interface exists already), would be to click on the ETA value in the ships screen, and type in any ETA (that is below the ships max speed). If you entered a delayed ETA, a symbol would be displayed next to the ETA to indicate that this has been manually delayed.
01.04.2007 10:05 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Suggestions » Manual Delay

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH