Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Bug Reports » Client crashes/freezes when I do certain actions » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Client crashes/freezes when I do certain actions
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tingling Player-Rank: 3 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

Client crashes/freezes when I do certain actions Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Erm.. not sure how to reproduce the bug here.. but here's roughly what I did before the problem started (and seems to be staying for a while)...

This is in the BTN v Rat Pack cup galaxy.. I sent a treaty to our supporter for minerals, then sent a treaty to one of our vanguard players to offer him cash.. Then the client froze.. and said it was synchronising.. and after i waited half a minute and it didnt respond.. i just right clicked the window in the taskbar and closed it straight away..

After that I reentered the galaxy.. and realised that my original treaty sent to get minerals was already fulfilled.. and the treaty to offer cash was also pending.. then I went to my governor to set so that my emergency banking planet would start banking at a higher cash hurdle rate (otherwise it'll be doing research).. but after i changed the number.. and tried to run governor on all planets.. the client just closed on its own..

i tried it again and got the same outcome.. (but the second time i changed the value first.. then pressed OK.. and then went back to the governor screen and ran the governor.. before the client quit on its own)

so i restarted my comp.. entered the galaxy.. tried to run the governor again.. and now it's been frozen (as in it keeps saying the window is busy and gives me that cursor icon that's the windows 7 version of the old sand-dial) and trying to synchronise while i wrote this message..

Note: Internet connection has been awfully slow lately in my area due to the festive season (i think).. so things have been loading pretty slowly.. not sure if it has anything to do with it..

EDIT: O.. and it's turn 122 now.. and my treaty to offer cash has been accepted too.. and the planet has already turned to banking (so the governor did run).. but i forced closed the client earlier and restarted it.. haven't dared to try run governors again yet..

EDIT #2: I can't seem to even change the item in production.. it says it's syncing and then it's disconnected.. i'll put it down to the slow internet connection for the mean time though.. i have some plain text sites that are even taking a while to load :(

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by tingling: 24.01.2012 19:12.

24.01.2012 18:47 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Nongolf Player-Rank: 3 Nongolf is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1040.gif

Registration Date: 29.09.2007

RE: Client crashes when I run governor on all planets Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

First step, always: Re-install and see if problem persists.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nongolf: 24.01.2012 18:59.

24.01.2012 18:58 Nongolf is offline Send an Email to Nongolf Search for Posts by Nongolf Add Nongolf to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by tingling
RE: Client crashes when I run governor on all planets Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok.. I'll try that first..

EDIT: Hmm.. I uninstalled the old client.. downloaded the latest client.. and installed it back into the same folder.. but it's still not working.. heh.. i can convert citizens though.. but i cant change production.. and it's frozen now so i havent tried if i can run governors..

Ermm.. and i forgot to restart my comp after i installed the program..

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tingling: 24.01.2012 19:10.

24.01.2012 19:02 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

Hmm... seems like a problem with my own laptop.. I tried running the client on another laptop.. it works fine.. guess I'll need to figure this out myself.. heh.. sorry for the trouble

24.01.2012 19:16 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Powers Player-Rank: 4
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

Registration Date: 07.07.2009

RE: Client crashes/freezes when I do certain actions Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

3d card problem? Directx Problem?
24.01.2012 19:50 Powers is offline Send an Email to Powers Search for Posts by Powers Add Powers to your Buddy List
StarSurfer Player-Rank: 2 StarSurfer is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-744.gif

Registration Date: 13.10.2009

The syncronizing thing happed to me last night also...

I can't really remember the exact function I tried to do but I think it was either unload optional troops from fleet or run all governors of one type. The game said syncr..at the time spot which I found weird because it was in the middle of the turn so I closed the game and restarted it. The function had done what I asked when I opened it back up and things worked fine so I didn't thing about it again.

Edit: Of course, it could just be a internet connection problem. I tend to get disconnected quite a bit. If my laptop goes to sleep and when a turn happens in giga galaxy I have to close and reopen the game...every turn now...I figure it is my computer being low on free space.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by StarSurfer: 24.01.2012 20:06.

24.01.2012 19:54 StarSurfer is offline Send an Email to StarSurfer Search for Posts by StarSurfer Add StarSurfer to your Buddy List
Nongolf Player-Rank: 3 Nongolf is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1040.gif

Registration Date: 29.09.2007

The synchronizong thing happens to me all the time in gigantua.

I think it's simply a mechanism to cope with very large chucks of data being exchanged. Just be patient, it nearly always recovers.
24.01.2012 20:06 Nongolf is offline Send an Email to Nongolf Search for Posts by Nongolf Add Nongolf to your Buddy List

O.. the problem went away in the end.. sorry for the false alarm..

25.01.2012 02:45 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Bug Reports » Client crashes/freezes when I do certain actions

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH