Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Bug Reports » Skipped turn » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Skipped turn
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Radiance Player-Rank: 3 Radiance is a female
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1053.jpg

Registration Date: 13.05.2011

Skipped turn Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

At the start of the RL tg, we went from 0 to 1 to turn 2 in seconds. I am the first one to comment here, so its seems unanimous that we do not want our game interfered with.

I just want Erwin aware that this happened, so he can prevent it in the future if he has time to check into it.
10.04.2012 03:06 Radiance is offline Send an Email to Radiance Search for Posts by Radiance Add Radiance to your Buddy List
Arcady Player-Rank: 3 Arcady is a male
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1230.gif

Registration Date: 13.09.2008

RE: Skipped turn Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not the first time that's happened. I seem to recall that happening on a number of previous games as well. Just tossing that out there is all.
10.04.2012 03:59 Arcady is offline Send an Email to Arcady Search for Posts by Arcady Add Arcady to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 3 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

RE: Skipped turn Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

NOthing to do with the original post (lazy to open new thread :p).. but it has something to do with a skipped turn.. and not entirely a bug really.. but.. (sorry i cant keep this short)

I signed in to the real life team galaxy just as tick 72 was going to tick 73.. and had one colony ship heading out to a nearby system from my hq using an admiral (was in orbit of my hq at turn 72, and should have been 1 tick away by turn 73)..

when i logged in, the colony ship was still displayed on my hq - and i manually set it to colonise a planet in that nearby system..

i signed out and signed in again.. the colony ship is now displayed to be one tick away from my hq (still at turn 73), but the path starts from my hq to the target system..

now at turn 74... it is heading in the direction of the target system.. but still 1 tick away from my hq..

so i guess i basically screwed it up when manually setting it to move to colonise the planet just as ticks were being calculated.. if i left it to the admiral.. it should at least be 2 ticks away from my hq now (at turn 74).. oops

18.04.2012 19:50 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think you are missing that another colony ship was built right that same turn. So what you were looking at was already the NEXT ship, while the previous ship had already moved one turn away. If you watch the replay you will see there is nothing wrong.
18.04.2012 21:49 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

at turn 74 (and now 75).. i have two ships who were both 1 turn away from my hq (and now 2 turns away @ turn 75) .. so i thought i might have slowed down the earlier ship which should have set off with my admiral.. (it should be 3 turns away by now.. but it's only 2)

it just tells people like me not to sign in last minute just as ticks are being calculated :p dont worry about it Smile

18.04.2012 22:32 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Lion Player-Rank: 2
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

Registration Date: 02.07.2011

concerning the tg it would be good to make sure this does not happen...
03.05.2012 06:50 Lion is offline Send an Email to Lion Search for Posts by Lion Add Lion to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by Lion
concerning the tg it would be good to make sure this does not happen...

It didn't happen in the Avengers TG Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Erwin [CS]
I think you are missing that another colony ship was built right that same turn. So what you were looking at was already the NEXT ship, while the previous ship had already moved one turn away. If you watch the replay you will see there is nothing wrong.

Aha.. i watched the replay.. and my colony ship did move at turn 73 to 74... but it got sent back to the planet at turn 74
(I blame it on myself for being busybody to click and set a move to or colonise command just as ticks were being processed)

06.05.2012 22:38 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Bug Reports » Skipped turn

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH