Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Cabbala galaxy (1 hour galaxy) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Cabbala galaxy (1 hour galaxy)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tingling Player-Rank: 3 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

Cabbala galaxy (1 hour galaxy) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Any objections to opening this one? I propose to change it to ranks 0-2 .. With rank 3 players wishing to sign up to express interest here

Galaxy Name: Cabbala Galaxy
Created By: gadnara
Turn Length: 60 mins
Min Required Player-Rank: 0
Max Allowed Player-Rank: 3
Speed Galaxy: No
Team Galaxy: No
Galaxy Size: 6 x 2 x 6
Player/System Density: 1 : 3
Approx. Max Players: 24
Start Date: 20 Apr 2012 ??
Start Time: 20 : 00 CET (current time is 4:30 CET)
Faster Start Ticks: None
Game Ends: By Voting

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----

Sector Size: 200 units
Planet Count Per System: 5 - 6
Regular Planet Space: 150 - 290
Regular Planet Commodities: 25 - 40 Food/Production/Science
Technology Cost Multiplier: 1000 (recomm. 250 for Speed-Galaxies)
Corruption Multiplier: 1
Reputation Multiplier: 1
Colony-Module Multiplier: 100
Score Break-Even: 20

-----

Homeworld Planet Space: 300
Homeworld Planet Commodities: 32 Food 30 Production 40 Science
Homeworld Population Count: 20
Homesystem Juicy Planets Count: 3
Homesystem Juicy Planet Space: 220 - 310
Homesystem Juicy Planet Commodities: 32 - 42
Number of Colony Ships: 2
Starting Credits: 200

-----

Galaxy Type: Advanced Galaxy
Custom Homeworld Changes: 30 (-1 means disabled)
Custom Civilization Changes: 10 (-1 means disabled)

11.04.2012 07:56 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
gadnara Player-Rank: 3 gadnara is a male
Has Speed 5 Frigates

images/avatars/avatar-1085.gif

Registration Date: 29.07.2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I made this galaxy because I was bored and wanted to play cs and there were no open galaxies at that time ...
12.04.2012 15:52 gadnara is offline Send an Email to gadnara Search for Posts by gadnara Add gadnara to your Buddy List
mizzihood Player-Rank: 4 mizzihood is a male
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1137.gif

Registration Date: 04.10.2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Erwin says you have to PM him to open a galaxy.
12.04.2012 16:00 mizzihood is offline Send an Email to mizzihood Homepage of mizzihood Search for Posts by mizzihood Add mizzihood to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by tingling

And I just saw it sitting there and a few other players asking if galaxies were opening. And thought I'd raise it up.. I can't tell if anyone is really keen.. I'm in the tg and I know so is gadnara.. so would a galaxy fill up? Or we open it for up to rank2s.. and let it fill up before deciding on an actual start date.. I do feel there are quite a few new faces around here

13.04.2012 13:27 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
gadnara Player-Rank: 3 gadnara is a male
Has Speed 5 Frigates

images/avatars/avatar-1085.gif

Registration Date: 29.07.2008

I think we need to find a way to have open galaxies all the time . Its not very pleasant to log in and see no open galaxies and I think that is a big problem it can lead to ppl leaving the game . Not everyone is going to ask for a galaxy in the forum ....
13.04.2012 13:44 gadnara is offline Send an Email to gadnara Search for Posts by gadnara Add gadnara to your Buddy List
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

I am making sure that there is always a galaxy open to sign up for rank 0 and 1 players. But you guys need to take care of rank 2 and higher. As soon as you negotiated something and set the galaxy up, PM me, and I take care of the rest.
13.04.2012 13:53 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List
Rasten Player-Rank: 2
Serves Soup on Colony Shuttles

Registration Date: 13.02.2011

This is basically the type of galaxy i was looking for. I'll sign up as long as I'm not busy on the opening day(days).
13.04.2012 19:30 Rasten is offline Send an Email to Rasten Search for Posts by Rasten Add Rasten to your Buddy List

How about if we set so that a ranked 1 hr galaxy starts on the third Friday of every month (or some other schedule).. so people know when to expect the next galaxy? 30 days would be 720 turns.. so the people who finished this month's galaxy could sign up for the next one anyway.. we could have 7-8 galaxies till end of year in these series.. something like wildbill, ex astris, bioproduct etc felt like a series

I was thinking if we get an agreement to some kind of schedule, it might become some kind of grand prix style event.. where individual players get some kind of championship ponts for their finishing position in the galaxy (and not score).. something like F1 or the sort (an individual cup competition)

i know it's not really looking for a cs champion since the long turn galaxies aren't considered, but i think the competition could still be a fun sport if we come up with some way of recording points.. although if we use starting positions.. then those who miss out on galaxies would be at a disadvantage.. so i dont think it's perfect - if using score instead.. we could take average, and set so that >= 3 games played to be considered.. but i'm more of a fan of the finishing position for a change..

o.. and i pm'd erwin about opening up cabbala.. guess since it was there might as well give that galaxy a chance in the sun first..

14.04.2012 05:50 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
malyshok Player-Rank: 2
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

images/avatars/avatar-1125.jpg

Registration Date: 14.03.2012

It seems that 3\4 of rank 0 players always become inactives. So I don't think there is any purpose to let them sign in the ranked galaxy.
14.04.2012 07:06 malyshok is offline Send an Email to malyshok Search for Posts by malyshok Add malyshok to your Buddy List
Innoble Player-Rank: 3
Puts Shields on Colony Ships

Registration Date: 14.04.2008

I'd say there is no point in shutting out rank 4 players. There's only 3 of them and many rank 3 players are as good (and some better..., not referring to myself)
14.04.2012 23:49 Innoble is offline Send an Email to Innoble Search for Posts by Innoble Add Innoble to your Buddy List
Thomas11 Player-Rank: 3 Thomas11 is a male
Serves Soup on Colony Shuttles

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 16.08.2009

I much would need 2 h turns after 50 turns that i could join.
16.04.2012 19:24 Thomas11 is offline Send an Email to Thomas11 Search for Posts by Thomas11 Add Thomas11 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Thomas11: thomasschmeisser

Seems like not a lot of interest lately in 1h turn galaxies (3 players signed up only with 3 days to go)..

must be a busy period for everybody (i cant play 1h galaxies either).. should we postpone?

17.04.2012 18:47 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Admiral Moo

Yep, push it back by a week?
17.04.2012 22:50 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List

I say aye..

18.04.2012 13:50 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

O.. and maybe make it ranks 1-4 while at it.. heh

18.04.2012 15:02 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Admiral Moo

Ok, done that.
18.04.2012 15:17 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List

Angry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tingling
Seems like not a lot of interest lately in 1h turn galaxies (3 players signed up only with 3 days to go)..
must be a busy period for everybody

I just can't understand why there is nobody to play with, while far more time consuming games such as Ogame or travian with primitive masochistic gameplay, which only point is to get more of your money, have hundreds of servers full of players.

What is it? Poor advertising?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by malyshok: 19.04.2012 07:28.

19.04.2012 07:24 malyshok is offline Send an Email to malyshok Search for Posts by malyshok Add malyshok to your Buddy List

I think some players just dont have the patience to play a game like this.. they go for those 'primitive' (i agree with the word in every sense) games maybe because they dont need to crack their heads too much and play it casually - maybe cs gets a bit too competitive at times.. not quite sure how accurate that assessment would be, but it's my two cents

oo.. and i signed up to cabbala anyway.. not that i really have the time to check every tick - but who cares :p

19.04.2012 11:36 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

quote:
they go for those 'primitive' (i agree with the word in every sense) games maybe because they dont need to crack their heads too much and play it casually - maybe cs gets a bit too competitive at times

CS game mechanics with its thorough ingame tutorial is quite simple to understand by anybody who ever played Civilization-like games. And Civilization is a very popular game.
quote:
I think some players just dont have the patience to play a game like this

Believe me, you must be a very patient person to play a games like Ogame or travian. It consumes far more time than CS with its governors. You need to be online 24\7 so if you want to sleep and to be a successful player you need to share your account with another 2 or 3 players.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by malyshok: 19.04.2012 12:33.

19.04.2012 12:23 malyshok is offline Send an Email to malyshok Search for Posts by malyshok Add malyshok to your Buddy List
Nongolf Player-Rank: 3 Nongolf is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1040.gif

Registration Date: 29.09.2007

quote:
Originally posted by malyshok
What is it? Poor advertising?

Probably so, yeah. Or to be more precise: not enough of it.

If you still have accounts on the forums of those games, you can help fix it by posting a review of CS there.
19.04.2012 16:02 Nongolf is offline Send an Email to Nongolf Search for Posts by Nongolf Add Nongolf to your Buddy List
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Cabbala galaxy (1 hour galaxy)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH