Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Off Topic » Advice needed: I have to get a new computer » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Advice needed: I have to get a new computer
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Nongolf Player-Rank: 3 Nongolf is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-1040.gif

Registration Date: 29.09.2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I can pretty much echo inerz' story, except I bought mine in 2006. I've put in another harddisk and a better graphics card some 3 years ago. I've had to re-install the OS a few times, but other than that it does fine even with the high-end games (if I turn down the settings a bit like inerz).

I picked all the innards at a local store and had them assemble it for me.
28.04.2012 17:14 Nongolf is offline Send an Email to Nongolf Search for Posts by Nongolf Add Nongolf to your Buddy List
Skinnyloser Player-Rank: 3 Skinnyloser is a male
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-125.jpg

Registration Date: 17.01.2006

Thread Starter Thread Started by Skinnyloser
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thank you very much for your advice, gentlemen.

28.04.2012 17:15 Skinnyloser is offline Send an Email to Skinnyloser Homepage of Skinnyloser Search for Posts by Skinnyloser Add Skinnyloser to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Skinnyloser
Sygor Player-Rank: 3
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-1142.jpg

Registration Date: 22.12.2009

All the power you will need! Yes I have one sitting in my attic, just need a cable for the disk drive. Once I acquire this cable I will be playing some digdug in glories 320x192x16 color Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sygor: 29.04.2012 00:56.

29.04.2012 00:55 Sygor is offline Send an Email to Sygor Search for Posts by Sygor Add Sygor to your Buddy List
Nongolf Player-Rank: 3 Nongolf is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-1040.gif

Registration Date: 29.09.2007

hehe. Dinosaur Tongue

Wish I still had my C64.
29.04.2012 04:00 Nongolf is offline Send an Email to Nongolf Search for Posts by Nongolf Add Nongolf to your Buddy List
NickVanran Player-Rank: 2 NickVanran is a male
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

images/avatars/avatar-698.jpg

Registration Date: 21.06.2009

I have two or three C64s in a box and a couple 5.25 360 disk drives for them.
You will need to replace a few wires and a diode or two, but they should work well after that.

I also have a couple 286 systems with dos 5 and windows 3.0 that work very well, They do have vga cards and modems (24kB) and 120 mg. Hard Drives on them. Also have a couple IBM ps2 8086 system.

Nick

29.04.2012 05:27 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Off Topic » Advice needed: I have to get a new computer

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH