Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Newbie FAQ » when is a turn over? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page when is a turn over?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
salvor hardin Player-Rank: 1
Wonders where that new Farmer came from

Registration Date: 09.05.2007

when is a turn over? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

when or how do I have to end a turn?
09.05.2007 23:24 salvor hardin is offline Send an Email to salvor hardin Search for Posts by salvor hardin Add salvor hardin to your Buddy List
Kazagistar Player-Rank: 1 Kazagistar is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-68.jpg

Registration Date: 31.01.2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is a online multiplayer game, and so the turns end at specific time, known as ticks, and progress slowly even when one is offline. It will usualy take a few days to start, while the players build up, and then usually occur once an hour after that.
This is a long term game, that you can play a few hours a day for weeks.

09.05.2007 23:33 Kazagistar is offline Send an Email to Kazagistar Search for Posts by Kazagistar Add Kazagistar to your Buddy List
quickstrike Player-Rank: 2 quickstrike is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-327.gif

Registration Date: 04.01.2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The next common question is "Long Term? How long does a game usually last?"

I'd say about 500-700 turns.

Minkis
Kazagistar
Skinnyloser
JamesChristo
Satai

06.06.2007 23:01 quickstrike is offline Send an Email to quickstrike Search for Posts by quickstrike Add quickstrike to your Buddy List
Ceejay9 Player-Rank: 2
Invades without Troop Ships

Registration Date: 09.05.2007

Whee Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Each turn lasts for a certain amount of real world time. For example, I am in a one hour turn game. This means that the clock ticks down in real time, and when an hour has passed, that turn ends, the results are calculated, and the clock starts ticking down for the next turn.

This is all done automatically, and happens whether or not you are in the game or not.

Sorry Kaz, I amstill pretty new to this game also, and I can see where someone might not totall understand your answer so just wanted to put it in a bit more "non-veteran" speak. Tongue
06.06.2007 23:44 Ceejay9 is offline Send an Email to Ceejay9 Search for Posts by Ceejay9 Add Ceejay9 to your Buddy List
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

haha...ya kaz....ur answer is pretty weird/technical, and i can also see how that would be hard to understand...

ceejay9....ur def is a good one...straight to the point

07.06.2007 00:53 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Newbie FAQ » when is a turn over?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH