Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Bug Reports » Retreat Admiral Didn't Retreat...Fleet Destroyed » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Retreat Admiral Didn't Retreat...Fleet Destroyed
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
quickstrike Player-Rank: 2 quickstrike is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-327.gif

Registration Date: 04.01.2007

Sad Retreat Admiral Didn't Retreat...Fleet Destroyed Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Erwin,

Could you check out Galaxy 10, turn 630...
Battle Report at 3/2/3-6...

I had an admiral "NightB" to retreat ships when average ship condition is less than 50%. That battle report said I received 69% damage, yet the ships never retreated. They kept going and the next turn, the entire fleet got destroyed.

In addition, the battle report also says that a weaponless ship got destroyed. The ship's name was "CC". As far as I know, weaponless ships shouldn't engage in combat unless all other firepower is gone.

Minkis
Kazagistar
Skinnyloser
JamesChristo
Satai

30.05.2007 19:54 quickstrike is offline Send an Email to quickstrike Search for Posts by quickstrike Add quickstrike to your Buddy List
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok, the reason why the ships didn't retreat was because the average condition of the *surviving* ships where higher than the value that you had set. That rule only looks at the ships that are currently assigned to the Admiral, it does not take the ones into account that were just lost in battle.

While that would be the behavior the player expects, it is not that trivial to implement. I will add it to the list of things to fix. As a workaround for the meantime I would suggest to set a higher condition threshold for retreat, since that will kick in earlier.

As for the unarmed ships lost during the battle, that's clearly a big. After some analysis it appears that a small percentage (<1%) hits unarmed ships as well, which occasionally is enough to destroy a small troop ship. While this "sounds" like realistic behavior, this is not how the code was intended to work. Hence, I will add it to the bug-list.
31.05.2007 00:05 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List
uncountednose Player-Rank: 3 uncountednose is a male
Master Beta-Tester Extraordinaire

images/avatars/avatar-892.gif

Registration Date: 01.02.2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

interesting. I had thought on a couple of previous occasions that the retreat order did not work as intended but was not sure. Back when damage was distributed evenly this would not be a problem. The randomization of damage, intended to add realism, has had an unforeseen consequence it seems. Big Grin

-Erwin [CS]
31.05.2007 00:53 uncountednose is offline Send an Email to uncountednose Search for Posts by uncountednose Add uncountednose to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Bug Reports » Retreat Admiral Didn't Retreat...Fleet Destroyed

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH