Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Suggestions » Transport Admiral, % full. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Transport Admiral, % full.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Gedrin Player-Rank: 3 Gedrin is a male
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

images/avatars/avatar-235.gif

Registration Date: 22.02.2007

Transport Admiral, % full. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

In addition to lowest pop and lowest stationed military, I would really like options like:
"lowest % full" and "closest not full"

12.07.2007 18:41 Gedrin is offline Send an Email to Gedrin Search for Posts by Gedrin Add Gedrin to your Buddy List
HeruFeanor Player-Rank: 1
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

Registration Date: 05.01.2006

RE: Transport Admiral, % full. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Agreed, in principle, though I would change that to "lowest population percentage". Also, a "largest food surplus" rule would be useful, for picking the best training planet (though it wouldn't work so well for me, since I have training planets only keep the minimum number of farmers, and have the rest as workers generating wealth).
12.07.2007 21:43 HeruFeanor is offline Send an Email to HeruFeanor Search for Posts by HeruFeanor Add HeruFeanor to your Buddy List
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Closest not full" would mean that one planet gets fully populated, one after another. Did I get that right? Considering you can define more that one "source" planet, "Closest" would mean closest to this particular transport ship.

If so, give me a better name for "closest not full". "Lowest population percentage" sounds fine though.
12.07.2007 22:58 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by Gedrin
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yes Lowest population percentage is exactly what I meant by lowest % full but agreed, that wording is clearer.

And your understanding of Closest not full is also precisely what I mean... also the implication that the closest planet to the transport would get filled first.

Better name? Yeah it's not a good name.
Closest is a given, so how do you best describle a planet that is not full.
Closest with less than 100% of max population.

perhaps even make the % variable?

Closest not full is actually the more usefull for moving troops to and from training planets since as you point out, training planets are never full... since the have only min farmers... if they ever are full then maybe you don't wanna bring more.

It also helps refil builders suffering a deficit after crewing a ship.

The lowest pop % will help max pops in conquered space since those planets needing people are all generally the same rough distance away, but it is [now I think about] of less importance.

hmmm but closest with less than X stationed millitary is also usefull

and closest with less than 0 stationed military is as closest not full if you only station exess pop [like on an overpopulated builder].

13.07.2007 03:53 Gedrin is offline Send an Email to Gedrin Search for Posts by Gedrin Add Gedrin to your Buddy List
HeruFeanor Player-Rank: 1
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

Registration Date: 05.01.2006

quote:
Originally posted by Gedrin
Closest not full is actually the more usefull for moving troops to and from training planets since as you point out, training planets are never full... since the have only min farmers... if they ever are full then maybe you don't wanna bring more.

Er, that's not how I run training planets. I only have the minimum population as farmers, sure, but I have the rest as workers, generating wealth. The rule that would determine which training planet had the most space in this situation would be very complicated. Something like "greatest food surplus if full population were converted to farmers". I'm not going to ask for that. :-)
13.07.2007 06:24 HeruFeanor is offline Send an Email to HeruFeanor Search for Posts by HeruFeanor Add HeruFeanor to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by Gedrin

Yeah... I thought your trainers were odd Wink

me, I specialize planets. My trainers have max military, min farmers and thats it.

13.07.2007 15:28 Gedrin is offline Send an Email to Gedrin Search for Posts by Gedrin Add Gedrin to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Suggestions » Transport Admiral, % full.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH