Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Bug Reports » Rout scan » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Rout scan
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lost Cause Player-Rank: 2 Lost Cause is a male
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

images/avatars/avatar-81.jpg

Registration Date: 30.05.2007

Rout scan Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

In galaxy 43 I used a rout can on one of the fleets mobing in a cluster toward one of my planets.
the rout scan appears but it doesnt give any infirmation... no speed, no heading.
it's possable that the ship I scaned if following one of the other fleets, however would it not be helful if it said that rather than telling me nothing?
Couldnt it also give me the speed of the fleet so I can at least figure out when it could potencialy be there should it start making it's own way?
Right now it just looks like keeping ships in a loose cluster gives you an advantage in that most scans will work on one and only one ship in that cluster.

08.09.2007 23:40 Lost Cause is offline Send an Email to Lost Cause Search for Posts by Lost Cause Add Lost Cause to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lost Cause
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A ship following another ship will still create a valid Route Scan. The only case when a route scan produces no result (the scan is marked as "expired" immediately) is when the scanned ship is in fact not moving. If a ship is shown with a "heading tail" it is moving and does have a route set. If it is shown without that heading tail, it is standing still.
09.09.2007 00:10 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by Lost Cause
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It is not a single shiop though.
it is a mass of ships.
3 fleets, 22 destroyers and 2 shuttles.
the scan reveals no information what so ever, all it says is;
Rout-Scan 524 a fleet (wuth destroyer-class ships) of chrisadamley.
no heading, no rout, no speed, nothing at all of any use for the rout scan I just waisted on it.

If ships are following another ship and are in the same location as that ship, should the rout scan not identify there corse and speed as the destination of the sihip they are following?
after all, they are hardly moving nose to tail. they's be on a paralel corse

09.09.2007 00:14 Lost Cause is offline Send an Email to Lost Cause Search for Posts by Lost Cause Add Lost Cause to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lost Cause
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

Just looked at the scan result. Ok, I see the problem now. You did get a valid result, namely the ship is following another ship in the cluster, and the route-scan result correctly displays the route of that ship, which ends at the cluster.

You would say that it is ok that while the ship is following another ship and has not yet reached its destination (the moving ship), it correctly displays its own route, which ends at the moving ship. But as soon the ship has reached its target (and is actually at the same location in space), it should rather display the route of of the ship it is following? (Or rather extended by the missing part to the actual target of the followed ship). I guess that would be possible, and probably what the player would expect.

I'll add that to the todo list. Any opinions?
09.09.2007 00:33 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by Lost Cause

That's fine by me Tongue

Otherwise it'll be conga lines to the battlefield Big Grin

march in single file men! to confuse the enamy!

09.09.2007 00:35 Lost Cause is offline Send an Email to Lost Cause Search for Posts by Lost Cause Add Lost Cause to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lost Cause
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Bug Reports » Rout scan

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH