Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Suggestions » Military training » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Military training
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Rismagi Player-Rank: 3 Rismagi is a male
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

images/avatars/avatar-326.jpg

Registration Date: 08.11.2006

Military training Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Do you ever thought it is strange, that military on ships is not gaining experience, but stationed military do?

I suggest to allow crew training up to rank 2 (3?).

At the same time, I think that bonus of the military camps and academies should be applied only to 10(15,20) people per camp or academy.

For example on the planet with 3 camps and academy, 20 is trained with doubled speed (up to rank 4) and 10 at 4x speed (up to rank 4, then at 2x up to rank 6), other - at normal speed up to 2 rank. Once military gain rank 4, camp bonus apply to another one, same for an academy.

There would be less military on the planets and more on the ships (probably).
14.10.2008 17:12 Rismagi is offline Send an Email to Rismagi Search for Posts by Rismagi Add Rismagi to your Buddy List
Keln Player-Rank: 2
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-348.gif

Registration Date: 14.10.2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes it is odd. I was in the navy, and honestly you only got to a certain level in training. Then when you went on your ship is when you really learned how to do your job.

I would also suggest, however, that there would be a great difference between ship crews and troops. A soldier sitting on a ship is not going to gain anything. Perhaps there should be two separate military units? Crew gain experience on board their ship, and troops gain it at training camps.

14.10.2008 22:07 Keln is offline Send an Email to Keln Search for Posts by Keln Add Keln to your Buddy List
EmperorDano Player-Rank: 1 EmperorDano is a male
Puts Shields on Colony Ships

images/avatars/avatar-776.jpg

Registration Date: 10.09.2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i like the idea of gaining experiance aboard ships but not so much the limit on how many station military are trained on the planet, military camps and academies can hold 1000's of people.
15.10.2008 14:33 EmperorDano is offline Search for Posts by EmperorDano Add EmperorDano to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Suggestions » Military training

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH