Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Galaxy Beta 4 Plans » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: What would you like to have implemented next?
Planet Governor allows you to set simple planet management rules 27 34.62%
Planet Governor allows you to load/unload and send ships to other planets 17 21.79%
Improved and more realistic combat (different shields, random distribution of firepower, fix PD) 17 21.79%
Implement the Admiral which helps you to manage attacks (set gather-points, trigger conditions, etc) 15 19.23%
Rebalance the score/reputation system 2 2.56%
Total: 78 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Galaxy Beta 4 Plans
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

Galaxy Beta 4 Plans Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This poll's main purpose is to get an idea about which area you guys consider most important right now.

Basically the next galaxy should shrink to around 200 stars, as opposed to 300 now. Most likely with 7x7x4 dimensions. Also have it a bit tighter packed, and the option to erase players that are not active within the first 24 hours.

I would have liked to have a Tutorial Galaxy in place by then, to avoid having inactive players from the start, but I guess I won't make it.

Another thing that I want to try for the next galaxy is that stationed military consume food like every other citizen.

If you have any more suggestions that you think should make it into Beta 4 then please post them in here. Beta 4 is planned to open for registration at the end of next week.

Please note you can vote for 2 options in the poll.
09.02.2006 00:20 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List
diglis Player-Rank: 3 diglis is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

Registration Date: 23.12.2005

RE: Galaxy Beta 4 Plans Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Erwin [SC]
This poll's main purpose is to get an idea about which area you guys consider most important right now.

Basically the next galaxy should shrink to around 200 stars, as opposed to 300 now. Most likely with 7x7x4 dimensions. Also have it a bit tighter packed, and the option to erase players that are not active within the first 24 hours.

I would have liked to have a Tutorial Galaxy in place by then, to avoid having inactive players from the start, but I guess I won't make it.

Another thing that I want to try for the next galaxy is that stationed military consume food like every other citizen.

If you have any more suggestions that you think should make it into Beta 4 then please post them in here. Beta 4 is planned to open for registration at the end of next week.

Please note you can vote for 2 options in the poll.

i offering not to make milatery use food becuose then will be limitend number of ships that can yuo biuld. and from witch planaet they will use food?
09.02.2006 00:49 diglis is offline Search for Posts by diglis Add diglis to your Buddy List
clhannah Player-Rank: 1
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

Registration Date: 04.01.2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

only 'stationed' military, not military on ships
09.02.2006 01:54 clhannah is offline Send an Email to clhannah Search for Posts by clhannah Add clhannah to your Buddy List
The Blind Player-Rank: 2 The Blind is a male
Has Speed 5 Frigates

images/avatars/avatar-16.jpg

Registration Date: 17.01.2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

would simple planetary contols, be seting it as a breader, wealth, production, research planets???
09.02.2006 02:11 The Blind is offline Send an Email to The Blind Search for Posts by The Blind Add The Blind to your Buddy List
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by Erwin [CS]

With "simple rules" I meant you can set the first set of simple rules like, "after pop <insert number> convert new citizens to <insert type>", or "assign crew to ship named <insert name>, and send it to planet <insert coords>".

You know, similar rules as you would set for instance in your email program to deal with emails.
09.02.2006 09:20 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List
Brennan Player-Rank: 1

Registration Date: 29.12.2005

I voted for the turn pop into crew option and the Admiral function. Third choice was the loading crew onto ships, but I can do that manually if need be.

Rebalancing the combatsystem and score/rep system is a non-issue imo. They both work (for me). Let's just make the micromanagement level a whole lot less...
09.02.2006 10:36 Brennan is offline Send an Email to Brennan Search for Posts by Brennan Add Brennan to your Buddy List
Kenlahar Kenlahar is a male
Arms Farmers, and Farms Armor

Registration Date: 30.12.2005

I voted for: "Planet Governor allows you to set simple planet management rules" and "Implement the Admiral which helps you to manage attacks", because these address some of the micro-management issues that successful players must deal with.

I wouldn't mind trying out a tutorial galaxy. If I can't make it there, that would show me that I'm not suited to this genre. I realise that this is a feature for the distant future, and I'm willing to wait patiently.

09.02.2006 15:55 Kenlahar is offline Send an Email to Kenlahar Search for Posts by Kenlahar Add Kenlahar to your Buddy List
chicken Player-Rank: 1

images/avatars/avatar-21.jpg

Registration Date: 01.01.2006

I voted for admerals to let you set fallback coordinates, and to rebalance the combat system. and the fallback adds a new part for the attackers: If the defenders retreats, but you took the retreat coordinates, and if it was a planet with defence, you cornered them. possible secondary fallback coordinates.

"a young bear tries to maul you"

"a young bear mauls you very hard in the groin"

"you see a blank spot where the groin should be"

"you are dead inside. R.I.P."
09.02.2006 16:32 chicken is offline Send an Email to chicken Search for Posts by chicken Add chicken to your Buddy List
Humans Player-Rank: 2 Humans is a male
Scouts his own Systems

images/avatars/avatar-20.jpg

Registration Date: 26.12.2005

I voted for the "Planet Governor" in both choices.

IMO They both represent problems that would make the game more playable. (if solved correctly Tongue ) therefore I think thoose schould be implemented first.

09.02.2006 17:25 Humans is offline Send an Email to Humans Search for Posts by Humans Add Humans to your Buddy List
clhannah Player-Rank: 1

Registration Date: 04.01.2006

I am just into the cruiser /battleship phase, and I am having trouble manning my ships, even though I have been training troops for days. I am wondering what effect feeding stationed military will have on this process.

If we can build a cruiser in 1 turn but it takes 12 or 18 turns to create a crew for it, what good is that? I mean, 6 little cruisers take 36 crew -- if stationed military eat how long will it take to man 6 cruisers? How many breeder planets for each builder will be required to field even a reasonable deffensive fleet? I think beta 4 will be out of balance in the wrong way.

Maybe stationed military eat only 1/4 food?
09.02.2006 21:03 clhannah is offline Send an Email to clhannah Search for Posts by clhannah Add clhannah to your Buddy List
HeruFeanor Player-Rank: 1
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

Registration Date: 05.01.2006

I voted for both planetary governors, but I think the transportation issue is far and away the most significant. Managing all those damned transport fleets is the main things that drove me to finally give up on my empire in Galaxy Beta 2.

I think the population shuffling issue is far and away the most urgent. From my experience, the micromanagement required for that is far more severe, and more routine, then any other micromanagement in the game.

So regardless of what solutions are sought, of wether you fix the "breeder planet exploit", or simply make them easier to manage, something really needs to be done about that.
10.02.2006 05:24 HeruFeanor is offline Send an Email to HeruFeanor Search for Posts by HeruFeanor Add HeruFeanor to your Buddy List
Skinnyloser Player-Rank: 3 Skinnyloser is a male
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-125.jpg

Registration Date: 17.01.2006

Perhaps a programmable system of transfering population that does not require building ships is the answer. Offset not having to build ships with increased drain on production. That's the point being missed I think... A huge military requires even bigger resouces. The American military is several million strong and gets at least 1/4 of the federal budget. The other 300 million or so gets what's left. That's at the very least a 20:1 ratio of resources expeded on the military. The game should reflect that somehow. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying that in a futuristic, galactic society that economics would work the same as present day, but it must somehow still apply. The challenge I guess is figuring out the cool, futuristic twist to make the system logical. My job though is playing the game. Good luck to Erwin and the guys...

10.02.2006 23:54 Skinnyloser is offline Send an Email to Skinnyloser Homepage of Skinnyloser Search for Posts by Skinnyloser Add Skinnyloser to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Skinnyloser

my job: to simulate ( or attempt to) halo and halo two. it would pop some many ideas trying to do halo, just add a few things to make the game awsome.

11.02.2006 06:12 chicken is offline Send an Email to chicken Search for Posts by chicken Add chicken to your Buddy List

The Halo idea was "borrowed" from a book from Larry Niven: Ringworld.
11.02.2006 17:28 Brennan is offline Send an Email to Brennan Search for Posts by Brennan Add Brennan to your Buddy List
HeruFeanor Player-Rank: 1
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

Registration Date: 05.01.2006

To be fair, Brennan, Bungie pretty much stated right from the start that they were borrowing the idea from Ringworld, and anybody with the barest background in sci-fi knows where they got it. There was never any question about that. And, they modified the concept quite a bit. The Halo is a hell of a lot smaller then Niven's Ringworld, not even having the diameter of a small moon. It had no object in it's center, and simply sat at the Lagrange point between a gas giant and one of it's moons. Furthermore, about the only correlation between the Ringworld stories and the Halo stories is that in both it was considered an ancient alien artifact of unknown origin. Then they took it in completely different directions.

So don't be dissin' on Bungie's creativity. :-)
11.02.2006 21:43 HeruFeanor is offline Send an Email to HeruFeanor Search for Posts by HeruFeanor Add HeruFeanor to your Buddy List

Hmpf Tongue . I stopped playing Halo on the Pc when that masterdude appeared to be an unguided missile Tongue . So I didn't really pay much attention (cept on that lan with all the buggies, was l33t Wink ) to the game or story Smile .

And I'm a bit of a Larry Niven fan (*cough*Jack Brennan*cough* Wink ).

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Brennan: 11.02.2006 22:02.

11.02.2006 21:57 Brennan is offline Send an Email to Brennan Search for Posts by Brennan Add Brennan to your Buddy List

Angry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

no one will ever make fun of halo on these forums Mad . halo is my lifeblood, and if anybody disgraces halo, I shall have my fleets hunt you down and kill you. the you in the game. just don't make fun of halo. unless its just a joke. and the same goes for halo two, and halo three, which comes out in 2007. only 11 more months! and people, galaxy beta has gone into the 500-600's in a tick count.

12.02.2006 00:14 chicken is offline Send an Email to chicken Search for Posts by chicken Add chicken to your Buddy List
Prometheus Player-Rank: 1 Prometheus is a male
Has Speed 5 Frigates

Registration Date: 30.12.2005

Can we not have all 3 of the micromanagement reductions?
12.02.2006 23:17 Prometheus is offline Send an Email to Prometheus Search for Posts by Prometheus Add Prometheus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Prometheus

spartan 117: john. there is also spartan 037, spartan 086, spartan 122, and many others who died on Reach, one died in a cryotube, and 086, sam, died onboard an exploding covenate frigate, as his suit had been punctured and if he tried to leave he would die from decompression. 5 died on reach when a pelican was shot down and the 20 spartans onboard where forced to jump, and many of them died when they hit the ground. and 50 or so spartans died BECOMING spartans. the physical, bio, and chemical argumentations killed them off. another six barely made it, and where paralized. sorry about the spartan history recap.

note: I got this off the original halo books. this is the imformation that forms the background to the halo series.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by chicken: 13.02.2006 04:50.

13.02.2006 04:49 chicken is offline Send an Email to chicken Search for Posts by chicken Add chicken to your Buddy List
Pendruce Player-Rank: 1
Has Speed 5 Frigates

Registration Date: 02.01.2006

Wow Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yea, I'm realizing when you make it to 80, 90, 100 or more planets it starts to become really unmanageble.
I can spend an entire turn just manipulating the planets and not even get to my ships.

The gov will come in very handy.
14.02.2006 06:55 Pendruce is offline Send an Email to Pendruce Search for Posts by Pendruce Add Pendruce to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Galaxy Beta 4 Plans

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH