Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Newbie FAQ » Governors » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Governors
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
xmer Player-Rank: 2
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

images/avatars/avatar-752.gif

Registration Date: 25.01.2010

Governors Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Release 0.0.0.1
Basic set of governors that cover most of aspects of planet micromanagement. However there still might be some flaws or bugs. So if you notice something report it in this topic or in PM to me.

Also please state your requests what would you like to see in governors or requests for some specific governors. As I'm aware that some gov types or specific rules are still missing.

Governors are available HERE

Only governors stated as main governors(MG) should be assigned to planets. Other governors are not fully functional on it's own and assigning them to planets might cause major damage or starvation.

Examples of how usefull are this governors:
Summertime Team Galaxy II - Yum Cimil(xmer) as Stealth Attack, huge stealth Frigate fleet, unmatched in power that rampaged over oposite team. (everything on just 23 planets)
Lion's All vs 1 galaxy - Mr Potato(xmer) as Banker support, unmatched economic supremacy.

Additional thanks for:
Tingling, Raf7 that checking them at basis.
Radiance for fixing my broken english.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by xmer: 06.10.2011 14:37.

21.09.2011 18:25 xmer is offline Send an Email to xmer Search for Posts by xmer Add xmer to your Buddy List
Zeebu Player-Rank: 1 Zeebu is a male
Scouts his own Systems

Registration Date: 24.01.2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i'm going to have quite a lot of free time next week so i can test one out for you, i already have some of my own but they're not particularly advanced.

did you want them used in an actual galaxcy or just in tester galaxcy?

21.09.2011 19:02 Zeebu is offline Send an Email to Zeebu Search for Posts by Zeebu Add Zeebu to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by xmer
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'll grant you access to googledoc collection with governors described in docs. Govs just need to be reclicked in client.
You can start with them in TestBed or also play in any galaxy. This Govs are going to be 'free' so everyone could use them to increase performance.

I'm especially intrested in feedback if you would have any problems with understanding governors or my comments. Also if you think that something should be better commented please write it in docs(just color your comment so it will be easy to notice for me).

edit: @zeebu, please check PM or join Live Chat.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by xmer: 21.09.2011 19:26.

21.09.2011 19:10 xmer is offline Send an Email to xmer Search for Posts by xmer Add xmer to your Buddy List

First release of governors.

StarSurfer asked to finally release them and i got generally positive feedback.

More info in first post. I'll keep it updated as well.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by xmer: 06.10.2011 14:37.

06.10.2011 14:16 xmer is offline Send an Email to xmer Search for Posts by xmer Add xmer to your Buddy List
darylasek Player-Rank: 2

Registration Date: 15.03.2011

In governors iv read you often separate cases higher than 100 and equal to 100 to obtain same final result. Make it just higher than 99 and it should work nicely too.
06.10.2011 14:49 darylasek is offline Send an Email to darylasek Search for Posts by darylasek Add darylasek to your Buddy List

It's unfortunately not always working.

I had in Summertime Team Galaxy II once situation that my production got stuck at 2 PP missing to 100% for a few turns. Till i notice it and fix it.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by xmer: 06.10.2011 15:07.

06.10.2011 15:07 xmer is offline Send an Email to xmer Search for Posts by xmer Add xmer to your Buddy List
Joaftmon Player-Rank: 2
Has Speed 5 Frigates

images/avatars/avatar-1068.jpg

Registration Date: 12.08.2011

Got question!

On your notes about Main Governors, you say that:

quote:
//When planet is not building anything we want to grow it up
// planet is idling when there’s either: No production, 100% production progress(Hurried) or over // 100% production progress(workers would stockpile gold).

I thought that if production progress was greater than 100%, the excess production got used in the next turn´s production

(say: you need 1 prod_unit to finish a farm this turn; your workers are producing 400 prod_units; next turn, you get 399 prod_units into whatever you are producing).

Is that wrong?
06.10.2011 15:25 Joaftmon is offline Send an Email to Joaftmon Search for Posts by Joaftmon Add Joaftmon to your Buddy List

If ready production points are equal or over 100% then whole worker production is turned into gold.

Your example is correct. However in your case current production progress is below 100%.

Example of stockpiling:
Planet production 10K
Ship cost 4K
tick 0: 0K PP in pool
tick 1: ship(4K) builded and 6K PP in pool
tick 2: ship(4K) builded and 2K PP in pool and 2500 gold from stockpiling wealth
tick 3: ship(4K) builded and 8K PP in pool
tick 4: ship(4K) builded and 4K PP in pool and 2500 gold from stockpiling wealth
tick 5: ship(4K) builded and 0K PP in pool and 2500 gold from stockpiling wealth

It's all about current Production Points(PP) in pool.
If it's not clear I'll ask someone English native to explain it.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by xmer: 06.10.2011 15:55.

06.10.2011 15:39 xmer is offline Send an Email to xmer Search for Posts by xmer Add xmer to your Buddy List
StarSurfer Player-Rank: 2 StarSurfer is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-744.gif

Registration Date: 13.10.2009

Xmer pretty much explained it, basically if you have enough production points to build the object but your citizens stay as workers, whatever they produce that turn will be converted to gold.

The reason is there was a concern that continuing to stockpile the production points would lead to an exploit of being able to produce super warships each turn rather than having to take several/many turns to build them. This leading to unbalanced gameplay...if my memory serves me right anyway.

Players were also requesting to be able to build two or more things each turn because the production points would get ridiculously high and nothing to do with them. The planet would not do it's full potential.

06.10.2011 16:28 StarSurfer is offline Send an Email to StarSurfer Search for Posts by StarSurfer Add StarSurfer to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by xmer

I had in Summertime Team Galaxy II once situation that my production got stuck at 2 PP missing to 100% for a few turns. Till i notice it and fix it.

Heh i guess you are quite unlucky. Iv assumed % have to be natural and non natural values are rounded down, but i guess its not the case since it happened to you.
06.10.2011 16:38 darylasek is offline Send an Email to darylasek Search for Posts by darylasek Add darylasek to your Buddy List
StarSurfer Player-Rank: 2 StarSurfer is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-744.gif

Registration Date: 13.10.2009

quote:
Originally posted by darylasek
quote:

Heh i guess you are quite unlucky. Iv assumed % have to be natural and non natural values are rounded down, but i guess its not the case since it happened to you.

I had asked about this same thing because I didn't think there could be a 99.xx% but it seemed to happen...unless that was a bug at the time?

Perhaps a question for Erwin would be if that should be possible (to have a % between 99% and 100% in the game)?

06.10.2011 16:53 StarSurfer is offline Send an Email to StarSurfer Search for Posts by StarSurfer Add StarSurfer to your Buddy List

Iv checked it, in governor code % can only be natural. So it seems when engine calculates % it has better precision.
06.10.2011 17:58 darylasek is offline Send an Email to darylasek Search for Posts by darylasek Add darylasek to your Buddy List

Quite interesting...
Just checked in TestBed galaxy and Higher than 99% work well.
I had situation 17190/17200 and rule

While Production Progress is higher than 99%
Convert a Citizen to a Farmer

didn't turned citizens to farmers.
So looks like I had some other flaw, or i miscalculated sth.

edit: checked 35199/35200 and still workers didn't change to farmers.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by xmer: 06.10.2011 18:13.

06.10.2011 18:07 xmer is offline Send an Email to xmer Search for Posts by xmer Add xmer to your Buddy List
Nongolf Player-Rank: 3 Nongolf is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-1040.gif

Registration Date: 29.09.2007

I've never had problems using '100%' for checking both pop growth bar and production.
06.10.2011 18:44 Nongolf is offline Send an Email to Nongolf Search for Posts by Nongolf Add Nongolf to your Buddy List
mizzihood Player-Rank: 4 mizzihood is a male
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-1137.gif

Registration Date: 04.10.2009

Depends on what you want Nongolf. I use > 99% because I usually mean farms (and will put it into the gov sometime) and if I am building a farm I prefer farmers stay workers until it is built.
06.10.2011 19:55 mizzihood is offline Send an Email to mizzihood Homepage of mizzihood Search for Posts by mizzihood Add mizzihood to your Buddy List
Has Speed 5 Frigates

quote:
If ready production points are equal or over 100% then whole worker production is turned into gold.

Your example is correct. However in your case current production progress is below 100%.

(...)

It's all about current Production Points(PP) in pool.
If it's not clear I'll ask someone English native to explain it.

Cristal clear, mate. Thanks! Big Grin
06.10.2011 22:12 Joaftmon is offline Send an Email to Joaftmon Search for Posts by Joaftmon Add Joaftmon to your Buddy List

I'll add Check-Gold governor and change population switching to "higher than 99%" looks like it's working.

Any requests? Shall i add also colonization era admiral as well(maybe as a point in Main Governor - Colonization)?
Quite simple ones that man ships and send them toward particular systems?
They make miracles when working together with Main Governor - Colonization.

07.10.2011 10:10 xmer is offline Send an Email to xmer Search for Posts by xmer Add xmer to your Buddy List

what rules are you using to make sure that your empire can sustain your fleet.
Some universal rule-set that check if planet is high production or non-production and set bankers or stockpiling wealth depending on planet?

Any idea how to prioritize one type of emergency banking over others? For example I wish to turn my non-production planets to banking, but leave production planets on production unless there's no other way?

I'm looking for universal rules to grade it.

I've found:
1) If Empire-Wide Treasury Surplus Per Turn is lower than -10% of Empire Treasury
2) If Empire is Low on Money
Looks like rule 1) can be used to prioritize. I would have to just insert different values for different prioritizes. It's a little workaround...

This 2 rules should could be used to recognize if it's better to bank or produce wealth.
If Production-Output per Worker is higher than specific number
If Income per Banker is higher than specific number

So a question is what should be done automatically and what should be done manually.

PS. I always managed this aspect of game-play completely manually(I just had gov. 'emergency banking' and switched planets to it if necessary), however I know that it's quite important...

10.10.2011 10:31 xmer is offline Send an Email to xmer Search for Posts by xmer Add xmer to your Buddy List
Has Speed 5 Frigates

My 0.02 rookie creds: I´ve found that

quote:

I've found:
1) If Empire-Wide Treasury Surplus Per Turn is lower than -10% of Empire Treasury
2) If Empire is Low on Money
Looks like rule 1) can be used to prioritize. I would have to just insert different values for different prioritizes. It's a little workaround...

Is quite useful; although I usually prefer fixed numbers instead of percentages, and manually fine-tune from there.

Other workaround I´ve used is to check the Planetary Income (something along "While P.I. is below X, turn a worker to a banker"); worked for me.

But, on the broader picture: so far I´ve always left some parameters for manually fine-tunning... I kinda don´t trust´em Govs with so much cash, sort to speak! Tongue
10.10.2011 14:36 Joaftmon is offline Send an Email to Joaftmon Search for Posts by Joaftmon Add Joaftmon to your Buddy List

Well... 'Planetary Income'
is not working at all. Most costly part of empire are not planets... it's fleet.
Also I do not wish every planet to work for itself.

I wish only planets designed to keep empire treasure up. And other planets should join them only if situation is extreme.

1. Team Galaxy
For example as a Fleet player in Team Galaxy, I'm not banking myself at all. I'm depending on treaties from other players. However it might happen that Treaty will end before new one is signed.
In such situation my sci planets should emergency turn into banking and if that's not enough production planets should help with getting gold for fleet upkeep. (losing fleet due lack of gold to pay upkeep is a disaster)

2. Solo Galaxy
Also in non-Team Galaxy you should bank only on a planets designed to banking or planets with secondary role banking(and 1-2 banks ready). However sometime you are going to lose some banking planets when you are off-line so your governors should be able to keep fleet alive at all cost. Losing fleet = game over.

And first full banking planets should start banking,
then secondary bankers should turn on and help,
then non-important planets should join,
and at end Important planets(like main production) should join.

A question is: How to recognize automatically each type of planets?

@Percentage: by setting percentage you will know when your empire will run out of money.
For example:
if Treasury Surplus is lower than -10% of Empire treasury then you will run out of money in less than 10 turns.
(it's same as Empire is low on money)
if Treasury Surplus is lower than -20% of Empire treasury then you will run out of money in less than 5 turns.

10.10.2011 15:05 xmer is offline Send an Email to xmer Search for Posts by xmer Add xmer to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » Newbie FAQ » Governors

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH