Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Plain Vanilla Team Galaxy! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Plain Vanilla Team Galaxy!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
raf7 Player-Rank: 4
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-791.jpg

Registration Date: 14.05.2009

Smile Plain Vanilla Team Galaxy! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ice cream anyone? Wink

Plain Vanilla
The upcoming Plain Vanilla Team Galaxy is at the same time a return to the ancient ways, and a step into a new direction. We are simplifying Team formation and initial player positioning to the way it used to be, and launching a brand new system for distributing team related Fame points (check here for all the information). These points will allow us to distinguish players that excel in teamwork during the year, and also decide who can participate in Ranked TG's by identifying all those who have an active participation both in the galaxy and in the Team Forums.

The sign up is free and direct to the galaxy, though it might be cool to say hi here in this thread, and motivate good mood, visibility to this initiative, and participation of a good number of players. For those who are unfamiliar with Team Galaxies, the first position we get on the map is temporary (no point on setting any orders by then), and 72h before the game begins we are assigned to a Team, given a final random position on our half of the galaxy, and included in a Team Forum. During those 72h, all participants are to actively engage Team conversation, making collective decisions about individual roles (hold your civ traits until discussed with your team mates) and combined strategy.

Formation of Teams
In terms of how the Teams are formed, we have two options:
1 » Two players of similar level of experience set their preferences, and players are distributed at reshuffle considering the two lists.
2 » The distribution of players happens automatically according to conventional Fame points

So, those interested in assuming the task of picking players, please post here, and if we can match two people with similar TG knowledge we ask Erwin to set them as Team selectors. Otherwise, we simply let it roll, and let the algorithm do it.

Note: Assuming the task of selecting Teams means nothing by itself in terms of Team leadership. We encourage any form of Team internal organization to be discussed inside its private Forum.

Galaxy Settings
The settings are quite conventional, with some small adjustments:
» Average planets (HW and juicies above average)
» Cheap colony module and 10 colony ships to speed up the start
» 6x3x4 galxy shape, creating 3 lines of distance to enemy territory
» 3 hour turns since the beginning, because it is a fully open game and the frontline is potentially hot (sector size = 200)
___

Anyone feels inspired into a blurb?

The sign up begins now, and I am challenging the first player to get inside the first ever Free TG to post his achievement here! Big Grin

12.05.2014 15:15 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
geralth Player-Rank: 3 geralth is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-1199.jpg

Registration Date: 02.02.2013

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1. geralth

12.05.2014 19:23 geralth is offline Send an Email to geralth Homepage of geralth Search for Posts by geralth Add geralth to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

RE: Plain Vanilla Team Galaxy! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I actually thought the picture and first two paragraphs were the front page blurbs themselves :p don't see why they shouldn't be heh. I'll post that up? Probably minimal editing too on my part (keep it simple golden rule heh)

But there is one point I didn't understand though. Which part of the fame system is brand new? The 50/25 for winner and loser system? Or you mean the victory points etc stuff you mentioned in the other thread (honestly I hadn't read that post clearly to have noticed it :p)

13.05.2014 10:56 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

RE: Plain Vanilla Team Galaxy! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Btw seems like you won the prize to be the first to announce you're in the galaxy geralth.. Lol.. Nice one

Forum sign up isn't required too rite.. I'll quietly slip in when the time is right (like how the big players used to do it too heh)

13.05.2014 10:58 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Confused Player-Rank: 3 Confused is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Registration Date: 14.07.2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

high Tongue

13.05.2014 12:18 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List
ginge Player-Rank: 2
Has Speed 5 Frigates

Registration Date: 20.03.2013

Hi guys, long time no see!

After a 6 month+ absence due to university assignments and exams, I'm finally coming to the end of my final year. Last exam on the 19th (woop woop) so looking to join this Galaxy. Before I join, any changes to the game over the 6 months I should know about? Looking forward to playing again, without the distractions! Smile
13.05.2014 13:37 ginge is offline Send an Email to ginge Search for Posts by ginge Add ginge to your Buddy List

Heya. Long time indeed. Think most things are the same.. Turrets take less space now though compared to 6 months ago.. Due to an experiment gone wrong :p but think the community have come to accept the new turret stats. And we had a short facebook ad campaign last month and had more players register.. But So far no new faces in the forums I think..

Besides that I'm now more godlike in the CS universe lol.. I have the power to start, end and even pause galaxies hehe.. Even from my mobile hehe..

Speaking of which.. This isn't really something new.. But someone suggested using this app called Teamviewer to play the game off your mobile phone.. So for me that's a change in the way I access the game..

We're also launching a galaxy that requires players to check in only once a day.. But won't take years to finish.. Check out the walnut galaxy for that..

also we're getting a few other dinosaur players.. I mean Erm.. Beta tester players to check the game again.. So the field of competition in galaxies seems a bit higher compared to a bit a while ago.. (and I'm starting to show how bad a player I really am against better opposition :p )

That's about it that I can remember.. The substance of the game is still relatively unchanged.. So you'd probably fit right in

13.05.2014 14:46 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by raf7

quote:
Originally posted by tingling
I actually thought the picture and first two paragraphs were the front page blurbs themselves :p don't see why they shouldn't be heh. I'll post that up? Probably minimal editing too on my part (keep it simple golden rule heh)

But there is one point I didn't understand though. Which part of the fame system is brand new? The 50/25 for winner and loser system? Or you mean the victory points etc stuff you mentioned in the other thread (honestly I hadn't read that post clearly to have noticed it :p)

Well, it looks like you have been inspired into a blurb in the simplest of ways... Smile Reading the 2 paragraphs under that light, they do seem to be easily adjustable for the purpose.

About the fame, I mean the system described in the other thread. On any case, here is the link again:
» Link to the new TG Hall of Fame system

And thank you for your posts, guys! Smile

The galaxy seems to be filling up pretty nicely, and I am sure glad to see it.

13.05.2014 15:40 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

Thank you for the newspost, Ting... Smile

Looks really good!

14.05.2014 15:54 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
Bard_Beoulve Player-Rank: 2
Has Speed 5 Frigates

Registration Date: 01.02.2012

after a year of splashing through(stopping by w/ no joinable games) i am happy to finally say IM IN!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Bard_Beoulve: 19.05.2014 23:11.

19.05.2014 23:10 Bard_Beoulve is offline Send an Email to Bard_Beoulve Search for Posts by Bard_Beoulve Add Bard_Beoulve to your Buddy List

quote:
Originally posted by Bard_Beoulve
after a year of splashing through(stopping by w/ no joinable games) i am happy to finally say IM IN!

Lol you could have sent me a pm and let me know you were looking for a galaxy

20.05.2014 12:19 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Irandael Player-Rank: 2
Serves Soup on Colony Shuttles

Registration Date: 21.05.2007

Considering my holidays are about to begin. Let's have some fun Smile
Hi guys, i can't wait to see how this plays out, this is my first ever team galaxy.

20.05.2014 13:57 Irandael is offline Send an Email to Irandael Search for Posts by Irandael Add Irandael to your Buddy List

Cool team fortress banner Big Grin

20.05.2014 14:30 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

Well I signed up for this one.........so when are we doing teams and roles.

My baked bean bio bombers are already to go fart on the opposition planets.
20.05.2014 15:04 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
Ruger Player-Rank: 3 Ruger is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1130.jpg

Registration Date: 23.03.2008

Teams I believe will be auto-formed by fame and the forums should be open 72 hours before galaxy starts.

Glad we already have 12 players. Would love to see more. I miss the days of 10 to 15 players per team.
20.05.2014 15:15 Ruger is offline Send an Email to Ruger Search for Posts by Ruger Add Ruger to your Buddy List

I just updated the front page to remind people that teams are formed on 21st May

What I understand is that we should have at least 1 beta player in there.. I think.. I haven't even signed up myself :p that'd make it odd numbers though

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tingling: 20.05.2014 15:22.

20.05.2014 15:20 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Welcome, Bard_Beoulve and Irandael... Smile

Seems like the purpose of this galaxy is being nicely matched, with a good mix between players with different levels of experience. Good to see!

The Teams are automatically formed tomorrow at 20:00 CET, with the final positions being assigned and the private Team Forums being created at that same time (all players, be present at your Forum!). Also, keep in mind that since this galaxy is focused on participation, new players are allowed to join while there is space available, even after the initial Teams are formed.

I am going to join too now, in celebration mood. So, no excuse now tingling! Big Grin

20.05.2014 15:56 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
Confused Player-Rank: 3 Confused is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Registration Date: 14.07.2009

Which players are setting the teams ? and no im not volunteering Tongue

20.05.2014 16:14 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List

We'll let the codes decide Smile

20.05.2014 16:18 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
geralth Player-Rank: 3 geralth is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-1199.jpg

Registration Date: 02.02.2013

it will be reshufled//?

20.05.2014 22:11 geralth is offline Send an Email to geralth Homepage of geralth Search for Posts by geralth Add geralth to your Buddy List
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Plain Vanilla Team Galaxy!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH