Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Moving To New Server » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Moving To New Server
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Erwin [CS] Player-Rank: 2 Erwin [CS] is a male
Admiral Moo

images/avatars/avatar-124.gif

Registration Date: 26.12.2004

Moving To New Server Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Cosmic Supremacy Server will move to a new physical location, or rather to a new server at a new location all together (with new IP-address and all). This move will probably take place tonight (CET). During that time the site will be down. The galaxies will be stopped until all is back up again.

Sorry for the short notice... A time window opened up for this long overdue step to be finally done. I'm currently in the middle of the preparation process. More information later on...
03.09.2014 21:18 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List
chrisadamley Player-Rank: 3
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

images/avatars/avatar-384.gif

Registration Date: 18.01.2007

RE: Moving To New Server Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

good to know...perhaps a buffer time of some length between when they come back on and when the galaxies start ticking again?....to make sure everyone is aware of the process.

03.09.2014 21:34 chrisadamley is offline Send an Email to chrisadamley Search for Posts by chrisadamley Add chrisadamley to your Buddy List
Admiral Moo

Thread Starter Thread Started by Erwin [CS]
Thumb Up! RE: Moving To New Server Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the new server!

If you see this message, you have arrived at the new server Smile
03.09.2014 23:07 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List
Confused Player-Rank: 3 Confused is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Registration Date: 14.07.2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool

galaxies next Big Grin

03.09.2014 23:14 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List
Skinnyloser Player-Rank: 3 Skinnyloser is a male
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-125.jpg

Registration Date: 17.01.2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Where's the galaxies?

04.09.2014 00:03 Skinnyloser is offline Send an Email to Skinnyloser Homepage of Skinnyloser Search for Posts by Skinnyloser Add Skinnyloser to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Skinnyloser
Confused Player-Rank: 3 Confused is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Registration Date: 14.07.2009

Erwin ate them ... the new server costs so much he didnt have money left for dinner Wink

04.09.2014 00:06 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List
Admiral Moo

Attention Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Galaxies will hopefully be back up a bit later "tonight".

The ticks however remain stopped for at least 24 hours from now on. So they will most likely commence tomorrow Thursday 4th of September at 22:00 CET (16:00 ET).
04.09.2014 00:26 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List
Admiral Moo

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The galaxies are back online. You should receive a client update when you try to connect. Let me know if you guys have problems entering the galaxies, or if there are any other troubles.

Galaxies remain halted for another 21 hours or so. Thanks for your patience Smile
04.09.2014 01:26 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List
Ruger Player-Rank: 3 Ruger is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1130.jpg

Registration Date: 23.03.2008

Got the patch update and had to uninstall and re-install yet again. I just don't get it
04.09.2014 05:15 Ruger is offline Send an Email to Ruger Search for Posts by Ruger Add Ruger to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

Works alright here.. Maybe it's some admin rights thing on your PC?

04.09.2014 08:02 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Admiral Moo

So, nobody is experiencing any problems? Everything looking alright? If so, the ticks will commence in roughly 1 hour from now. Thanks for your patience!
04.09.2014 20:33 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List
Elder Race Player-Rank: 4
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

images/avatars/avatar-793.jpg

Registration Date: 15.02.2010

I am having a problem connecting. I get Failed to connect to update server, please change your connection string. I do have the firewall box checked. I did uninstall and reinstall.

If it matters I am at work.

What is the next troubleshooting step.
04.09.2014 23:05 Elder Race is offline Send an Email to Elder Race Search for Posts by Elder Race Add Elder Race to your Buddy List
Admiral Moo

quote:
Originally posted by Elder Race
What is the next troubleshooting step.

Manually uninstall and re-install the client from the Download area.
04.09.2014 23:25 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List
raf7 Player-Rank: 4
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-791.jpg

Registration Date: 14.05.2009

As far as I can tell, everything is looking fine...

And Elder, whenever I get that message you describe I simply retry, and it usually becomes ok. I am assuming it has something to do with some fluctuation in the connection, though I actually never investigated it further.

04.09.2014 23:32 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
Admiral Moo

quote:
Originally posted by Elder Race
I did uninstall and reinstall.

Umm, seems I didn't read that...

Does this problem happen consistently every time? Or does it only happen occasionally? If it does happen, can you send me the log file? (Which can be found at %appdata%/Cosmic Supremacy). Send to admin@<this domain>
05.09.2014 00:09 Erwin [CS] is offline Search for Posts by Erwin [CS] Add Erwin [CS] to your Buddy List

Did that again, uninstall, reinstall from the download area. Same error, can't connect to update server. I will try from home in a bit.
05.09.2014 00:46 Elder Race is offline Send an Email to Elder Race Search for Posts by Elder Race Add Elder Race to your Buddy List

Working fine from home with the same computer. I will try work again tomorrow.
05.09.2014 02:03 Elder Race is offline Send an Email to Elder Race Search for Posts by Elder Race Add Elder Race to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Moving To New Server

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH