Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Open Sesame Galaxy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (11): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Open Sesame Galaxy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So I was thinking about the pm template that radiance made.. Actually it's not all that bad.. Maybe I'll stick to that?.. Will come up with a more finalized version later.. Kinda got caught up in work a bit

27.02.2015 12:57 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Radiance Player-Rank: 3 Radiance is a female
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-1053.jpg

Registration Date: 13.05.2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by Radiance
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by AmoebA
I am willing to assist you but not sure if I am at the same level of gameplay and experience haha

then again learning while doing is alot easier than learning from reading for me

It would be lovely to train a new person how to be a team captain. You would be the official captain, so you can see the special team-choosing screens. You'd pm me the data, hopefully as screen captures.
27.02.2015 21:01 Radiance is offline Send an Email to Radiance Search for Posts by Radiance Add Radiance to your Buddy List
AmoebA Player-Rank: 2
Has Speed 5 Frigates

Registration Date: 20.03.2007

sounds doable.
27.02.2015 23:01 AmoebA is offline Send an Email to AmoebA Search for Posts by AmoebA Add AmoebA to your Buddy List

We've set up the TG.. Will send out passwords to guys already signed up soon..

Once AmoebA and I sign up. Erwin can set us as captains too (only in the sense that we tell the codes who goes to which teams)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tingling: 28.02.2015 08:56.

28.02.2015 08:56 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
raf7 Player-Rank: 4
Uses citizens as Ablative Armor

images/avatars/avatar-791.jpg

Registration Date: 14.05.2009

To Do:
» Create galaxy, define starting date(!), set password, open for sign up (Confused)
» Blurb (Ting)
» Define message for the password PM (Ting)

» Pick two Leaders for each team, or distribute experienced players(!) (needs to be discussed)
» Set one of the Leaders in each Team to select players (needs Erwin intervention)

Observations:
» Probably better to have the word "Team" in the name of the galaxy.
» The current starting date would mean reshuffle by next Tuesday. I believe we need more time.
» If we are setting [Ting, Confused] vs [Radiance, AmoebA] as fixed Leaders, we should probably be careful about balance (imo, it is probably better to explicitly ensure it). The idea was to set two pairs of experienced players, and that would already be a step towards some equilibrium that would be continued by drafting. As it stands, I don't see it happening naturally - for instance, am wondering about the effect of joining the galaxy myself.

» The sign up list needs to be updated. dodgex said she will not be playing, and IceCoolPT probably does not know that sign up involves writing his name into the list.

28.02.2015 16:24 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
Confused Player-Rank: 3 Confused is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Registration Date: 14.07.2009

Galaxy is now online. Start date can still be moved up, is now set for next friday.

28.02.2015 18:14 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List

Aha, I see the galaxy! Smile

Am updating the sign up list (--dodgex), and signing up myself then.

IceCoolPT, please add your name to the list to confirm your participation (we will need Erwin's intervention here too, because of rank).

Note: As a player, I will be available to assume any role in advance if that would help to create balance.

Open Sesame Team Galaxy: Sign up list

1. Confused (team A leader)
2. tingling (team A leader)
3. Radiance (team B leader)
4. pommiebastard
5. MikeT
6. AmoebA (team B leader)
7. NickVanran
8. BLM
9. raf7

28.02.2015 19:18 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

Well, this is the PM template that I settled with.. Probably needs some fixing.. but I guess it'll do for now I hope..

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks for signing up to the Open Sesame TG!

To make the team galaxy an enjoyable experience for everyone, we do have a few expectations from players who join these galaxies. We would be glad if you could kindly go through the few points below, and acknowledge by signing up for the galaxy with the password at the end of this message. We hope to see you there !

To make team galaxies enjoyable for everyone:
  • 1. Create a dedicated thread for yourself in the private team forums, and post a brief summary of your empire's status at least every 25 turns of game-time. Private team forums are open 3 days before the galaxy starts. The summary should at least include:

i) The turn the report is made
    ii) The technologies you have researched,
    iiia) Stats of your fleets and where they're heading to (for shipbuilders)
    iiib) Your resource output and resources in stock (for miners)

• 2. Check your dedicated thread in the private team forums for any messages that your teammates have specifically addressed to you.

• 3. If you will be unavailable from the game for a period of time (e.g. if you are unable to log in to the game for a few days due to real-life commitments), kindly let your teammates know in advance that you'll be away.

• 4. Before the start of the game, kindly discuss your role in the team with your teammates before setting your civilization traits and homeworld stats. The "Decide Later" button allows you to postpone the decision.

• 5. [Optional]Note that approximately a day before the galaxy starts, you will be assigned a new position in the galaxy. You will need to reissue ship orders and set an empire name before the start of the game. Check with your team if your teammates are choosing a theme for their civilization names.

That's it. If you agree to these points, then head on over to the galaxy and signup with this password.

Password: *hidden*

Have fun and good luck!

28.02.2015 19:34 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
MikeT Player-Rank: 2
Scouts his own Systems

Registration Date: 29.09.2014

Ok, I'm off to a fine start: it says that *hidden* is not the correct password when I try to sign up.
28.02.2015 20:14 MikeT is offline Send an Email to MikeT Search for Posts by MikeT Add MikeT to your Buddy List

@MikeT

The password is *hidden* here, but it will be revealed to all participants in a private message. Ting was just announcing the text we will be using with that PM. Wink

28.02.2015 20:24 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List
MikeT Player-Rank: 2
Scouts his own Systems

Registration Date: 29.09.2014

Oops Red Face A little impatient, was I? Big Grin Yes, I've now received the PM and have signed up. Thanks.
28.02.2015 20:38 MikeT is offline Send an Email to MikeT Search for Posts by MikeT Add MikeT to your Buddy List
Has Speed 5 Frigates

when do we start doing the pregame stuff? is it when all the captains are online?
01.03.2015 02:55 AmoebA is offline Send an Email to AmoebA Search for Posts by AmoebA Add AmoebA to your Buddy List

As soon as Erwin sets both of us as the nominated team reps.. But that can happen only after we sign up.. Which I forgot to do I think :p

Have you signed up?

01.03.2015 06:36 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Has Speed 5 Frigates

indeed Big Grin
01.03.2015 08:07 AmoebA is offline Send an Email to AmoebA Search for Posts by AmoebA Add AmoebA to your Buddy List

Ok Smile

Now we just need Erwin to set us as the team captains.. and we can discuss team balance in private messages

I'll set up a blurb later tonight my time (about 3 hours from now I guess)

01.03.2015 11:09 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Has Speed 5 Frigates

ok sweet as
01.03.2015 11:52 AmoebA is offline Send an Email to AmoebA Search for Posts by AmoebA Add AmoebA to your Buddy List
IceCoolPT Player-Rank: 1
Puts Shields on Colony Ships

Registration Date: 22.02.2015

quote:
Originally posted by raf7
Aha, I see the galaxy! Smile

Am updating the sign up list (--dodgex), and signing up myself then.

IceCoolPT, please add your name to the list to confirm your participation (we will need Erwin's intervention here too, because of rank).

Note: As a player, I will be available to assume any role in advance if that would help to create balance.

Open Sesame Team Galaxy: Sign up list

1. Confused (team A leader)
2. tingling (team A leader)
3. Radiance (team B leader)
4. pommiebastard
5. MikeT
6. AmoebA (team B leader)
7. NickVanran
8. BLM
9. raf7
10.IceCooL

i didint see anywere else to sign so i will do here lol Tongue
01.03.2015 19:23 IceCoolPT is offline Send an Email to IceCoolPT Search for Posts by IceCoolPT Add IceCoolPT to your Buddy List
Confused Player-Rank: 3 Confused is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Registration Date: 14.07.2009

thats exactly how it works Big Grin

01.03.2015 20:27 Confused is offline Send an Email to Confused Search for Posts by Confused Add Confused to your Buddy List

The galaxy is invisible to IceCool because of his rank.

01.03.2015 21:15 raf7 is offline Send an Email to raf7 Search for Posts by raf7 Add raf7 to your Buddy List

Oops.. And I actually wrote it's open to all ranks on the front page :p

Can we still change the rank settings in the galaxy? I think we can't can we? I kinda forgot

Shouldn't make a difference what rank we set it as right? Since it's password protected + the fame points are fixed

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tingling: 01.03.2015 21:24.

01.03.2015 21:23 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Pages (11): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » Open Sesame Galaxy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH