Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » War-only galaxies » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page War-only galaxies
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Unglebug Player-Rank: 2
Serves Soup on Colony Shuttles

Registration Date: 19.12.2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree with War Cross, Current galaxies are finished or just slow(to few playing) We have 10 already in Cutthroat, start in one week Big Grin
05.07.2016 10:21 Unglebug is offline Send an Email to Unglebug Search for Posts by Unglebug Add Unglebug to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

RE: Password Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If there's a greater consensus on that I can bring it earlier a week

07.07.2016 18:45 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

RE: Password Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tingling
If there's a greater consensus on that I can bring it earlier a week

Yep moving it up by a week would work really well.

Can you message everyone who is signed up for it?
07.07.2016 20:05 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Scouts his own Systems

Registration Date: 19.10.2014

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i would like to start a week or more earlier please
07.07.2016 21:10 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
MikeModular Player-Rank: 2 MikeModular is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1297.jpg

Registration Date: 18.07.2015

quote:
Originally posted by War Lord
i would like to start a week or more earlier please

Me too
08.07.2016 06:41 MikeModular is offline Send an Email to MikeModular Search for Posts by MikeModular Add MikeModular to your Buddy List
NickVanran Player-Rank: 3 NickVanran is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-698.jpg

Registration Date: 21.06.2009

Start early Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Let us do this, I have more yard work than I know what to do with and it just keeps raining.

so lets get it started so I can move along.

Nick

08.07.2016 17:27 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus
gadnara Player-Rank: 3 gadnara is a male
Has Speed 5 Frigates

images/avatars/avatar-1085.gif

Registration Date: 29.07.2008

Hello everyone. It will be very interesting how this new war galaxy gonna play out. My biggest priblem with the game before was that even if I do well in the early game people would team up against me and I never had a chance to win a galaxy, so this might make the game interesting for me again. Too bad I hardly remember how to play the game anymore :(
09.07.2016 06:50 gadnara is offline Send an Email to gadnara Search for Posts by gadnara Add gadnara to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

Hi Gadnara Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Welcome back.

There are some changes, mostly in tech, but the game is played very much the same. We all start at war and the treaties are all turned off. So no more gang banging. If two players come after you they will kill them selves.

You will have to build your own fleet strong enough to knock out the defenses of the player you are attacking, and with a low tech modifier that may be hard.

Again Welcome back, and I wish you lots of fun.

Nick

09.07.2016 21:23 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus

quote:
Originally posted by gadnara
Hello everyone. It will be very interesting how this new war galaxy gonna play out. My biggest priblem with the game before was that even if I do well in the early game people would team up against me and I never had a chance to win a galaxy, so this might make the game interesting for me again. Too bad I hardly remember how to play the game anymore :(

Hi gadnara, welcome back.

I, like you was totally fed up with getting ganged up on, so I am looking forward to this new set-up.

While it doesn't mean we aren't going to get clobbered, at least we will know that if we do it is our fault for playing badly.

Anyway enjoy the game, build lots of stuff and have fun hunting other players Smile
10.07.2016 23:36 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
gadnara Player-Rank: 3 gadnara is a male
Has Speed 5 Frigates

images/avatars/avatar-1085.gif

Registration Date: 29.07.2008

Thank you for the warm welcome. If I consider cs as a web based game, which I do its my second favorite of all other web based games I ever played. Only one other comes on top in terms of strategy, complexity and fun.
We will see how this new galaxy changes things, however don't forget that players can still gang up on you by attacking you from different places. I have been a victim of that before. Sometimes that is harder to deal with than a single big fleet.
11.07.2016 11:40 gadnara is offline Send an Email to gadnara Search for Posts by gadnara Add gadnara to your Buddy List
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

images/avatars/avatar-1303.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

Planned group attacks Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nothing can be done about being attacked by more then 1 player but if it happens consistently ( especially if it's the same 2 or 3 players ) ... post your complaint. We certainly don't want more people leaving because of unfair tactics or planned joint attacks.
11.07.2016 16:50 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

One of the aspects of this new set-up is that as there is no rep gain or loss from attacking, no one is going to know who is attacking who unless they actually see the battles or get told about them by another player and I personally will not be talking to any other player during the game.

Well, except to "Trash Talk" to my opponents if i manage to do something nasty to their fleet or planets.

While I really hope we have no collusion regarding attacks between players, there is no real way of preventing it.

All we can hope for is to make everyone understand that it will be against the "Spirit" of the game to do so.

These games are going to have whole new set of offense / defense variables which are going to give players all sorts of strategic problems they are not used to dealing with.

As an example: What is more critical, spending time and effort building defenses on your main planets, or building offensive fleets to go kill someone else?

Not much fun building a large fleet to go kill player X, if while you are engaged in that effort, player Y arrives in your home system and conquers your planets because you have really crappy defenses.

Player Y then has the same potential problem, as player Z may have a large fleet about to hit his home system.

The possibilities are endless and as I said, the offense / defense balance is going to be a lot more difficult in these war only galaxies and the mineral resource planning is going to be even more critical given that we can no longer engage in any trade.

All in all though, we now have a much fairer playing field that should make these games a lot more fun to play.
11.07.2016 17:37 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
tingling Player-Rank: 4 tingling is a male
Wins even when not in your Galaxy

Registration Date: 17.11.2010

Except that.. If X had bad defenses, Y may not need a large offense to take him down.. So Y can afford to build better defenses.. You may have a first mover disadvantage situation... And maybe everyone will wait for someone else to make the first move..

11.07.2016 18:16 tingling is offline Send an Email to tingling Search for Posts by tingling Add tingling to your Buddy List

Good Points Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You both have valid points. Do I defend or attack ? You won't have allies to defend your home port or help you attack someone else. Also the hunt for minerals will be a huge factor. We're going to need new strategies and learn as we go. I will also refrain from talking any strategy with other players but may joke around or mention new quirks that show up with the war-only stance.
11.07.2016 19:19 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

For me personally, the uncertainty factor is one of the main attractions of the war only format.

While I think we are all going to be relearning the game as we go, I also think that aggression is going to be a must if you want to win.
12.07.2016 05:41 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

War-Only Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just wanted to say that the over all feel of the war-only galaxy is awesome without the diplomacy feature. Big Grin
22.07.2016 15:16 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Rules with an Iron Pinky

RE: War-Only Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Please understand I am not complaining. But there were only galaxy, cutthroat, only has two or three "E" planets. I feel, that we need a higher number. This could be changed by adding a higher seed number in the base programming.

In order for a civilization to advance to better engines and weapons, they need "E" So the ones who have it, will win.

Just an observation.

Nick

26.07.2016 02:51 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus

RE: War-Only Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There seems to be only 4 exotics planets and one player has 2 of them. So if adding a higher seed number will give more E planets then that would be a good idea for sure.
26.07.2016 04:50 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Unglebug Player-Rank: 2

Registration Date: 19.12.2009

Me personally dont mind, I find it a part of the game, I dont even have Crystal in the current galaxy, but have had to adapt my game plan accordingly. I have also started buying Exo as to stockpile it. I think you have to be very careful taking all the random elements out of the game. My next game I may be lucky enough to have an exo. If we all start equal every game. you would end up with the same strategies by the same players.... How Boring
26.07.2016 14:31 Unglebug is offline Send an Email to Unglebug Search for Posts by Unglebug Add Unglebug to your Buddy List

Yes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I suppose if there were 8 exotics planets instead of 4 it's just as likely that 2 players had colonized 3 exotics planets and we would still have none.
26.07.2016 18:25 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Pages (6): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » War-only galaxies

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH