Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » War-only galaxies » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page War-only galaxies
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Multiglow Player-Rank: 4
Hurries Production on Hotdog Stands

Registration Date: 02.02.2010

RE: War-Only Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by War_Cross
There seems to be only 4 exotics planets and one player has 2 of them. So if adding a higher seed number will give more E planets then that would be a good idea for sure.

Whoever owns those 4 Exo's had better be building lots of defenses on them as those of us who don't own one are going to be visiting them eventually.
27.07.2016 19:50 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
War Lord Player-Rank: 3
Scouts his own Systems

Registration Date: 19.10.2014

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i will build lots of exotic defenses to keep tourists away from my green planet
28.07.2016 02:20 War Lord is offline Send an Email to War Lord Search for Posts by War Lord Add War Lord to your Buddy List
StarkRavingSage Player-Rank: 2 StarkRavingSage is a male
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

images/avatars/avatar-1216.jpg

Registration Date: 06.09.2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Note that only 6 of the 9 players have Crystals, essential for all heavy ship hulls and some advanced engines and weapons.

I'm more concerned about the juicy planets from players that joined and resigned. There are 24 planets that started with 700 space indicating 3 drop-outs given 9 current players. Two of the three systems that were abandoned started adjacent to one player and not adjacent to any other player's home systems. Juicy planets are always targets, but in Cutthroat they are very valuable. In the future we should request a refresh in the week prior to start if juicy planets are so valuable.

Now, to start a rant which will give away my in-game name to those with scouts. I promise I will calm down eventually and I won't hold any grudges outside of the game. Pardon my caps, but I use them to convey my feelings of anger, tension, and disappointment.

I'M NOT LOSING THIS DAMN BATTLE. I HAVE PLANETARY DEFENSE, HYPERSPACE DEFENSE, A FLEET IN ORBIT, AND I HAD TROOPS ON THE GROUND. I'M SORRY I DIDN'T BUILD PLANETARY FORTRESSES YET, BUT BAH!!! BIO BOMBS SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO COMPLETELY DESTROY 70 POPULATION ON A PLANET WITH FULL DEFENSES AND SUPPORTING SHIPS SO EASILY. IT WAS ONLY TWO TURNS. 5 BIO BOMBING BASTARDS AND THEY'RE NOT EVEN DAMAGED!!!!! @#$@%@$#%@#$%@#$%@#$%@$@#$!@#$@#%@#$%@#$%@#%@#$%@#$%

More calmly, why can we target population and stationed military while defenses exist if we can't target unarmed troop ships?

Also, in other news because I'm fighting on three fronts: I seem to be getting pie on my face everywhere. Please explain how this happened and what I should do about it in the future. I, Side Alpha, attacked a planet owned by Side Beta on turn 216. I destroyed the defenses, but my troop ships lagged behind. There were no troops on the planet (according to recent scan). I noticed fleets of Side Gamma incoming. I estimate I have a fair chance of destroying their (Gamma) fleet. In case I'm wrong and because no troops were previously present on Beta's planet, I sent the troop fleet away except for one troop ship I sent to conquer Beta's planet. I do not send my fleet to attack any fleets of Side Gamma in the hopes they turn away and in the fear they may defeat me (only worth the risk to take/hold Beta's planet).
The turn processes. Gamma's fleet has arrived at the planet, conquered it, and not fought me. My fleet and troop ship are in orbit around the planet and seem to have orders to attack and conquer the planet.

HOW DID SIDE GAMMA CONQUER THIS PLANET OUT FROM UNDER ME?!?!?

Is it simply that our fleets didn't fight because we were both attacking the planet, then their troop ship got to go first in the conquering phase, but mine couldn't do anything because they had a fleet in orbit? If so, how do I get to be first? Has this happened before?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by StarkRavingSage: 09.08.2016 21:00.

09.08.2016 20:25 StarkRavingSage is offline Send an Email to StarkRavingSage Search for Posts by StarkRavingSage Add StarkRavingSage to your Buddy List

I am only fighting on two fronts so far, although that could change at any time.

As for the 70 pop planets, I didn't realize that one player had 6 of them. That is a hell of an advantage.

BTW: It wasn't me who bio bombed you............YET

I got into to much trouble last game for using them.

LMAO.

PS: No idea how another fleet manage to take that planet with your fleet in orbit. I would have assumed that the two fleets would fight each other.
09.08.2016 21:04 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List
War_Cross Player-Rank: 3 War_Cross is a male
Assigns Gov Schwarzenegger to all Planets

images/avatars/avatar-1300.jpg

Registration Date: 20.06.2014

Answer Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This was your question ... ... HOW DID SIDE GAMMA CONQUER THIS PLANET OUT FROM UNDER ME?!?!?

Is it simply that our fleets didn't fight because we were both attacking the planet, then their troop ship got to go first in the conquering phase, but mine couldn't do anything because they had a fleet in orbit? If so, how do I get to be first? Has this happened before? ... ... ... ... ... Because we don't have auto attack yet, ships/fleets will not attack each other when at the same point in space or on a planet unless you command them to or have a defensive admiral set to attack enemy ships within a certain range. As far as who gets to conquer the planet I think it's the one with the most troops or maybe the biggest fleet. Not sure. You unknowingly double teamed an attack against an enemy planet. This is why we need auto-attack. I will PM Erwin now requesting that the auto-attack feature be incorporated.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 09.08.2016 21:10.

09.08.2016 21:08 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
StarkRavingSage Player-Rank: 2 StarkRavingSage is a male
Builds Destroyers without Bathroom

images/avatars/avatar-1216.jpg

Registration Date: 06.09.2010

This is a problem that would exist beyond war-only galaxies. Is there a global solution?

Multiglow: I really thought it might be you. I think you've used a similar name in the past, no?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by StarkRavingSage: 09.08.2016 21:29.

09.08.2016 21:13 StarkRavingSage is offline Send an Email to StarkRavingSage Search for Posts by StarkRavingSage Add StarkRavingSage to your Buddy List

yes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If we had the auto-attack feature ( ships at the same point in the galaxy automatically attack each other ) then double teaming would be impossible.
09.08.2016 21:31 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
NickVanran Player-Rank: 2 NickVanran is a male
Rules with an Iron Pinky

images/avatars/avatar-698.jpg

Registration Date: 21.06.2009

RE: yes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes, we need auto attack for both types of galaxies, war only, and normal galaxies.

Attack admirals are great, but sometimes they do have flaws, like parking your fleet too close to an enemy fleet, or planet. Even when you have fee do not follow rule in place.

As far as reputation does for attacking weaker players: I suggest this:
Attacker with a Score of 1000 point.

One fourth of attackers score equals a rep hit of one. Score equals 601 to 800
One half of attackers score equals a rep hit off two. Score equals 401 to 600
Three fourths of attackers score equals a rep hit of three. Score equals 201 to 400
four fourths of attackers score equals a rep hit of four. Score equals 1 to 200

These are only suggestions.
This type of addition to the game software will probably destroy the normal game unless it can be turned on and off in some way.

I'd vote to leave the game the way it was and is. The normal game needs the auto attack rule anyway. (The reason I say this, is sometimes there will be 4 to 5 scouts parked at the same sun location. In order to kill any and all of them you have to declare war, then issue an attack order to get rid of them.)

Nick Vanran

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by NickVanran: 10.08.2016 00:17.

10.08.2016 00:16 NickVanran is offline Send an Email to NickVanran Search for Posts by NickVanran Add NickVanran to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of NickVanran: NickVanran YIM Account Name of NickVanran: Startraderus

Hi Nick Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You don't actually need auto-attack in diplomacy games because gang-banging and double teaming is allowed. Admirals work fine.
10.08.2016 01:15 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

War-Only galaxies Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Although there doesn't seem to be enough exotics planets ... I think the galaxy posted by Tingling will play out better then the cutthroat galaxy which is more of a defensive game with players building huge PD. Thanks to the settings Tingling has set, this might be a super fun game.
22.08.2016 18:45 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

RE: War-Only galaxies Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Although there doesn't seem to be enough exotics planets ... I think the galaxy posted by Tingling will play out better then the cutthroat galaxy which is more of a defensive game with players building huge PD. Thanks to the settings Tingling has set, this might be a super fun game.

Would you believe that I have found three Exo's so far.

Neither would I................but I am still searching.
22.08.2016 21:55 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

RE: War-Only galaxies Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dad gum it ! ... Stop taking all the exotics planets ! Confused

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 23.08.2016 15:03.

23.08.2016 04:21 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
StarSurfer Player-Rank: 2 StarSurfer is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-744.gif

Registration Date: 13.10.2009

The small planet count is interesting. I'm liking the set up so far!

23.08.2016 20:31 StarSurfer is offline Send an Email to StarSurfer Search for Posts by StarSurfer Add StarSurfer to your Buddy List

Yep, this is going to be an interesting game.

I think there will be lots of small ship battles and attacks.

Not that I would attack anyone though.

LMAO
25.08.2016 17:56 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

Multi Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Big Grin You would never attack anyone. Red Face You are probably planning your dastardly attack already.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by War_Cross: 26.08.2016 19:33.

26.08.2016 18:15 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List

RE: Multi Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Big Grin You would never attack anyone. Red Face You are probably planning your dastardly attack already.

Nope going to do something different this game.

This turtle is already building a nice thick defensive shell.

Although....................Let me think about that for a few turns........your planets do look like nice targets.

LMAO
29.08.2016 21:22 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

RE: Multi Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like this galaxy set-up. I copied it so we can play it again.
30.08.2016 03:10 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
StarSurfer Player-Rank: 2 StarSurfer is a male
Invades without Troop Ships

images/avatars/avatar-744.gif

Registration Date: 13.10.2009

Cool! I'd like to play another set up like this as well!

I'm having fun so far!

30.08.2016 14:17 StarSurfer is offline Send an Email to StarSurfer Search for Posts by StarSurfer Add StarSurfer to your Buddy List

Hmmmmmmmmmm, looks like my Turtles were all assassinated by some war mongering admirals who are demanding that I attack someone.

As I do not want to be their next victim, I am going to pick a target for them.

BTW: War Cross..........if you happen to see a fleet of mine heading your way, just ignore it as it is only carrying a few tourists who are visiting your planet to purchase some souvenirs.
31.08.2016 17:51 Multiglow is offline Send an Email to Multiglow Search for Posts by Multiglow Add Multiglow to your Buddy List

Thanks Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm glad you told me that they are only tourists and not military. Confused
31.08.2016 19:12 War_Cross is offline Send an Email to War_Cross Search for Posts by War_Cross Add War_Cross to your Buddy List
Pages (6): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Cosmic Supremacy Forum » General » War-only galaxies

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH